Georgia ♥ 's Reviews > Heart of Obsidian

Heart of Obsidian by Nalini Singh

*WARNING: HERO's NAME AHEAD*

5 The Price Of Silence Stars

"We stand at a crossroads. The decisions we make will either save us, or end us."

description

The time has come for the Psy to make a stand. The Silence that they inflicted upon themselves, to leash their minds has crippled them. They will have to break these restraints, face the vastness of their powers and abilities and step into a world that will keep moving without them.

Silence though, is double edged sword and while muting their souls it is also the only answer, the only barrier between them and the darkness they are capable of. The last wall between them and insanity; their only chance at ruling the world. And the Pure Psy, a rogue radical fraction of fanatics, are determined to do so, even if it means murdering anyone that stands in their way.

Silence and darkness, hand in hand; They will either save or doom the world. There are degrees in silence and light within the stars, in night's darkest hour.

♪♫Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence♪♫

description

In these times of turmoil and upheaval there is a man, that his actions will decide the fate of the world and his decisions will turn the tide. He will either rise as a tyrant or a leader of hope, but all these, depend on an abused woman and his heart that she holds in her small hands.

If she demanded vengeance, he’d turn the world bloodred.

description

Kaleb Krychek is a man that can make the Earth tremble and people bow to his will. A madman's protege, the youngest Councilor, a dual Cardinal, a nightmare.

He has finally retrieved what he was looking for the last 7 years. He took back what was stolen from him. And this vulnerable woman who they tried to break and bend to their twisted will, a strong soul with a will of obsidian and a heart bigger than the sky, will have to guide him not to the light exactly, but to redemption and be his conscience. He isn't the monster that they all afraid, but sometimes to fight the darkness you have to turn into a shadow yourself.

description

I don't want to go into much detail about the plot, twists and the sheer brilliance that is Nalini Singh's mind and writing style. The climax of the story and the build up from the first book until this one, speaks in itself of consistency and amazingness.

description

Weaving so many threads and emotions in this complex worldbuilding that she has achieved, without losing focus of the main couple and their heartbreaking story, so unique and beautiful. And always reminding us, that the most cold people are hiding a thunderstorm of feelings underneath.

description

A sensual story about two people that should have been broken, but they were meant for greatness and allowed love to show them the way. Every touch, every breath brings them closer but it may tear them apart and make the world crumble under their power.

description

Exciting, riveting, emotional, almost lyrical, suspenseful and everything we had ever hoped of this book, Mrs. Singh's teaches how a series should be treated with. Not for one moment, does she let the pace down; she delivers plot twist upon plot twist and this why I will keep reading about Psy, Changelings, the Forgotten and the Arrows for another 12 books!

Bravo!
description

"We are Psy and we are capable of greatness. It is time to step out of the dark."

description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heart of Obsidian.

March 11, 2013 – Shelved
June 17, 2013 – Shelved as: paranormal-romance
June 17, 2013 – Shelved as: sci-fi
June 17, 2013 – Shelved as: the-sound-of-my-heart-breaking
June 17, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)

DemetraP I can hardly wait to find out who the Ghost is! Aaaaaa!

Georgia ♥ YAAAAY! *rubbing hands*

Georgia ♥ Pavlina wrote: "Enjoy love :))"

Thank you babe! :D

Kristalia fabulous review goddess ♥
hahaha star trek image lol :D
anyway, everyone seem to love this series, it's good to know :P

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤  AMAZING REVIEW BABE!!
I was thinking to start this series!! <3 <3 <3

Kristalia Pavlina wrote: "AMAZING REVIEW BABE!!
I was thinking to start this series!! <3 <3 <3"

what? you didn't read it too O_O
guess there are two of us after all :D

message 8: by Christy (new)

Christy Fantastic review Georgia!! :D

message 9: by Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤ (last edited Jun 17, 2013 01:40AM) (new)

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤  Kristalia wrote: "Pavlina wrote: "AMAZING REVIEW BABE!!
I was thinking to start this series!!

what? you didn't read it too O_O
guess there are two of us after all :D"

No I haven't read this series yet :/ hahahaha yes :P

Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie Lovely review Georgia!

Georgia ♥ Kristalia wrote: "fabulous review goddess ♥
hahaha star trek image lol :D
anyway, everyone seem to love this series, it's good to know :P"

Georgia ♥ Pavlina wrote: "AMAZING REVIEW BABE!!
I was thinking to start this series!! <3 <3 <3"

Thank you so much hon!!!! :D xo xo

Aw... then by all means, DO IT!! Fantastic books... ;)

Georgia ♥ Christy wrote: "Fantastic review Georgia!! :D"

Thank you Christy, hon! :)

Georgia ♥ Soraya Naomi wrote: "Fabulous review, hun!!! It's time I read a PNR again ;-)"

Thank you babe! Yeap... PRN time ;)

Georgia ♥ Christine The Romance Junkie wrote: "Lovely review Georgia!"

Thank you Christine! :) *hugs*

message 16: by Kristalia (new) - added it

Kristalia Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ wrote: "Thank you so much my love!! Nalini Singh is just plain amazing! I ♥ all her books and this series? FABULOUS! "

Yes, i definitely need to read it on my summer holiday :D when i catch up with all the sequels i missed :( *sigh*

message 17: by xrysa (new) - added it

xrysa It sounds like a good book but the series is long and I havent read a single book :((
Still great review!!

Georgia ♥ kristina wrote: "It sounds like a good book but the series is long and I havent read a single book :((
Still great review!!"

Thank you so much babe! Yeah I got that but when you have some time start them and I don't think you will be disappointed... ;)

Mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! <3

Georgia ♥ Kristalia wrote: "Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ wrote: "Thank you so much my love!! Nalini Singh is just plain amazing! I ♥ all her books and this series? FABULOUS! "

Yes, i definitely need to read it on my summer holiday :..."

I get you hon... I get you... *hug* :*

Blacky *Romance Addict* Awesome review and so glad you loved it too woman!!!!!

message 21: by Debra (new)

Debra Amazing review bestie!!! Glad you enjoyed this one <3

message 22: by Mei (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mei Fantastic review, Georgia! :D
I loved it too!!! This is one of my favorit books in the series! :D

Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* OMG book 12! Your review ROCKS, goddess x

message 24: by Purva (new)

Purva Awesome review, Georgia! :)

Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty* Great review my redhead :)

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ awesome review Georgia! glad u enjoyed it too!

message 27: by Myrto (new)

Myrto Wonderful review, Georgia! :D

Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister Wow, amazing review, G!! :)

Georgia ♥ Blacky *Mistress of doom* wrote: "Awesome review and so glad you loved it too woman!!!!!"

Thank you so much, hon!!! OMG Kaleb was just plain AMAZING!!! SQUEEEEEEEEE!

Georgia ♥ Debra wrote: "Amazing review bestie!!! Glad you enjoyed this one <3"

Thank you love! xo

Georgia ♥ Mei wrote: "Fantastic review, Georgia! :D
I loved it too!!! This is one of my favorit books in the series! :D"

Thank you Mei! x_X
Definitely! I think I liked it better than Hawke/Sienna!

Georgia ♥ Rosalinda wrote: "OMG book 12! Your review ROCKS, goddess x"

Aw... my awesomest amiga! Thank you! x

Georgia ♥ Sonia ღ wrote: "Awesome review, Georgia! :)"

Thank you Sonia! <3

Georgia ♥ Vilda wrote: "Fantastic review Georgia! :D I'm glad you loved it so much! #12 too! I need to continue this one."

Thank you Vilda, hon! You definetely should... YOU MUST! ;)

Georgia ♥ Farah wrote: "Great review my redhead :)"

Thank you my favourite skank! Mwah! :)

Georgia ♥ ♠ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ♠ wrote: "awesome review Georgia! glad u enjoyed it too!"

Thank you Sharon! <3
Awesome, huh? :)

Georgia ♥ Myrto wrote: "Wonderful review, Georgia! :D"

Thank you so much Myrto! :D

Georgia ♥ Kris (KC) wrote: "Wow, amazing review, G!! :)"

Aw, thank you Kris! *hugs*

message 39: by Jo (new)

Jo Fab review bestie ♥
Oh I never read this series but while reading your review, I just kept thinking, why the hell not?
And i love the Sound of silence song ^^

message 40: by • Lisa • (new)

• Lisa • SUPER DUPER review treacle ❤

message 41: by David - proud Gleeman in Branwen's adventuring party (last edited Jun 18, 2013 07:53AM) (new)

David - proud Gleeman in Branwen's adventuring party Georgia…your review…*sob* it’s so beautiful… *sniff* it made me…well, y’know…
weep

Georgia ♥ Joana ♥Team Dex ♥ wrote: "Fab review bestie ♥
And i love the Sound of silence song ^^"

Thank you Jo, love!!! Yes girl... Why the hell not??? ;)

Georgia ♥ Lisa Jayne wrote: "SUPER DUPER review treacle ❤"

Aw... soul-matey thank you so much!!! <3

Georgia ♥ David Green - Proud member of Team Perry! wrote: "Georgia…your review…*sob* it’s so beautiful… *sniff* it made me…well, y’know…
"

aw, my love... thank you!!! Mwaaah!

message 45: by Baba (new)

Baba  Great review, Georgia!

Georgia ♥ Baba ♥♥♥ Marcus, Tyler, Tate, Dan, Ty, & Hunter wrote: "Great review, Georgia!"

Thank you Baba! :)