Maria Elmvang's Reviews > Dødens mange facetter

Dødens mange facetter by Dennis Jürgensen

May 12, 2009

bookshelves: arc, 2009, 5-stars, owned-physical-book, short-stories, horror, danish
Read in May, 2009

I've been known to say that the only short stories worth reading are those by L.M. Montgomery. I'm going to have to take that back. Dennis Jürgensen is a well-known Danish author who writes excellent fantasy and so-so horror. Seeing as this was a collection of horror short stories, my expectations weren't very high, but I ended up finishing the collection in just two sittings, because I kept thinking "Okay, just one more story.... The next one isn't that long, just one more..."

"Dødens mange facetter" can be translated to "The Many Faces of Death", but despite death being the red thread that ties the stories together, the stories are varied in style and genre and the collection ends up being neither depressing nor macabre. Death shows itself in many ways, and it's not necessarily tragic, and not necessarily tragic. And at times, it's downright humorous.

Unfortunately I doubt the collection will ever be translated to English, but if it does - or if you read Danish - I highly recommend it... even if horror isn't usually your cup of tea.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dødens mange facetter.

05/12/2009 page 42