L.F. Falconer's Reviews > The Misadventures of a Reluctant Traveller

The Misadventures of a Reluctant Traveller by Dean MacAllister

bookshelves: books-by-friends, arr-books, purchased

Ah, the secret lives we dream of. The entire premise of this story fascinated me. The Misadventures of a Reluctant Traveller is a delightfully twisted, ironically amusing, mysterious tale surrounded by the adventures of one of the luckiest, unlucky men on the face of the earth. A man in possession of himself, or should I say, Himself in possession of him?

The title alone caught my immediate attention. I was completely sucked in by the end of chapter two, and had to pry myself away from the book near the middle only because my bad eyes were in dire need of a break. The banter between MacAllister's kaleidoscope of quirky characters moves you effortlessly through the pages and around the globe, all the way to the "things that make you go...hmmm" finale.

I gave four stars on its entertainment value alone. It could benefit from a little more proofreading and some editing, but since the story drew actual laughter out of me more than once, I could easily overlook the minor flaws. I certainly hope we can expect more from Dean MacAllister in the future.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Misadventures of a Reluctant Traveller.

March 10, 2013 – Started Reading