Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books's Reviews > Eden Forest

Eden Forest by Aoife Marie Sheridan

I will start saying I absolutely loved this book. It was amazing, and was written so well, I felt I was in this world.

Eden Forest is a fun fantasy story that actually takes place on the parallel world of Saskia, which is a repressive kingdom, where descendants of four banished angles live. Mortal twenty one year old SaraJane is the key to the survival of this other world. She is kidnapped and brought to this world where her journey begins.

I will say the concept and the plot are very new to me; it’s not like any other fantasy or paranormal books I have read. I was really pulled in right from the start. I really loved watching SaraJane grow, and I really liked Tristin. He is a hottie.

I think the characters were very well developed and likable. I liked how she made friends quick with some of these people, and was saddened by what happens with one of them. She truly cares for them.

I think it’s always really interesting when an author will combine magic, action and some romance in a book, and this has all of that.

I really am anxious to get my hands on book 2, as I want to see where it goes from here.
I highly recommend, and give this book 5 out of 5 stars.

I was provided a copy of this book by the author for my honest opinion.

Below is a short piece that was in the book, which is also a guest post at my blog, explaining how this world became into existence. Non spoiler.

Where did Saskia Come from?

“A long time ago in heaven, there were four angels who did their best to always please God. God looked fondly upon his faithful servants. When the time came, the angels were sent down to earth to be born to the mortal world with free will.
The four angels, Veronica, Lucian, Jeremy, and Sarra, watched as the other angels made their transition to life. The four angels talked about being mortals all the time, they did extra things to please God, yet they still remained angels. One day, Lucian convinced the other three angels to follow him, as he believed he knew how to become mortal without God knowing. Jeremy and Sarra were swayed by Lucian, but Veronica was nervous, as she didn’t want to upset God.
That day Veronica was bathing God’s feet. God noticed the conflict within her soul. ‘My child, tell me what troubles you.’
So Veronica told him of Lucian’s plans. God was enraged by this betrayal. He struck the four angels down. He looked at each of their souls and he could see the greed to be mortals within them. So God banished them to a world parallel to Earth. He gave each of them an element. Lucian was given the ability to control fire. Veronica was given an earth affinity. Jeremy, the ability to control air, and Sarra, a water affinity. Spirit was God’s. So each new generation was born with an affinity passed down by our ancestors. God gave them these powers so they could understand what he had created, and in time, he hoped they would understand the values of each element that he had given freely to the mortal world.
He built a wall of fire to divide the worlds and gave them partial immortality so they could pay for their sins. And so forth, our world Saskia was created by four fallen angels”.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eden Forest.

March 8, 2013 – Shelved
March 8, 2013 – Shelved as: book-tour
March 8, 2013 – Shelved as: owned-e-books
April 24, 2013 – Started Reading
April 24, 2013 – Shelved as: may-tour-2013
April 28, 2013 –
39.0% "dang, only just started a few hours ago, and totally hooked! love it so far, I already wish I had book two already. lol as I am seeing I will love the series. great fantasy so far."
April 28, 2013 –
April 29, 2013 –
95.0% "this is so good. I already know k want book 2 now! love Tristin!"
April 29, 2013 –
100.0% "awesome! 5 star review coming soon!"
April 29, 2013 – Finished Reading