I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)'s Reviews > Temptation

Temptation by Selena Kitt

There is no doubt about it; author Selena Kitt is the Queen of Taboo! I started reading Kitt’s stories back in 2010 and when it comes to taboo topics, her work is the gold standard, in my opinion.

Multi-styled Text Generator at TextSpace.net

For the benefit of new readers, I feel it's necessary to give a brief history of how TEMPTATION was born.

Under Mr. Nolan's Bed, often referred to as “UMNB,” was originally published in 2008. The pages contained a very naughty story of sexual exploration that involved a little girl-on-girl action and *gasp* incest. It was a hot little number and earned a 4/5 star rating from me, but the level of steam and the taboo nature of the book, may have been a little "much" for some readers.

Selena Kitt is obviously a smart businesswoman. In an effort to appeal to the masses with this wildly popular story, Ms. Kitt recreated her masterpiece in 2010 and introduced the “slightly less naughty but no less sexy re-telling” of the taboo events that occurred in The Original UMNB and named it Plaid Skirt Confessions. This new and altered version took out the incest angle and made it more of a May/December type of romance. Sweet by Kitt standards, but still sexy!

In 2010, Amazon decided to be the morality police and pull all incest related reading material from their site. Ms. Kitt knew that fighting that battle was futile and rolled with the changes in 2011 by taking a middle of the road approach by creating a story that wasn’t quite as taboo as The Original version and not as “tame” as PLAID SKIRT CONFESSIONS. Conforming to the new “no incest” rules at Amazon, she created Under Mr Nolan's Bed Revised and told a story of pseudo-incest where the characters were not of any blood relation, but still had that father/daughter type of relationship, so it was taboo-ish, but not illegal and fit right in with the new Amazon guidelines – CLEVER!

Multi-styled Text Generator at TextSpace.net

When I want to read something that skirts the taboo, Selena Kitt is my “go-to” author, so, when I found out that she was planning an exciting trilogy based on one of my favorite stories, UMNB, I knew I had to have it!

TEMPTATION is, by Ms. Kitt’s own description, a retelling of The Original with a “a richer experience with deeper secrets to reveal.” Having read the original, trust me when I say this: You will definitely want to read this updated version – although the bones of the story is basically the same, it is, in fact, a “richer experience.” In roughly 250 pages, we learn more about what drives the characters and we get a clearer picture of their lives and how they live. If you are an old Selena Kitt fan, rest assured that TEMPTATION contains all the naughty goodness that you have come to love about her work. This first installment in the UMNB Trilogy catapults the basic story (used in all the books previously mentioned) to the top of my taboo list.

I am not typically one to re-read books, but each version of this story has unique elements that make them seem like different reads - each appealing to a variety of tastes. Kudos to author, Selena Kitt for revising, reinventing and reviving this delicious tale of lust and forbidden love. If you love the taboo, then you will love the first book, TEMPTATION, in this new trilogy, UNDER MR. NOLAN’S BED.

✳✳ Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.

✳✳ Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews

___________________________________________________

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic Lending Group

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Temptation.

February 9, 2011 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
February 20, 2011 – Started Reading (Paperback Edition)
February 20, 2011 – Shelved as: sexual-mix-fmf-ffm (Paperback Edition)
February 21, 2011 – Shelved as: sexual-mix-ff (Paperback Edition)
February 21, 2011 – Shelved as: theme-menage (Paperback Edition)
February 21, 2011 – Shelved as: genre-taboo (Paperback Edition)
February 21, 2011 – Finished Reading (Paperback Edition)
April 4, 2011 – Shelved as: theme-incest-pse... (Paperback Edition)
July 28, 2011 – Shelved as: zz-reviewed (Paperback Edition)
November 1, 2011 – Shelved as: 2011-read-in (Paperback Edition)
November 27, 2012 – Shelved as: a-rrr-in-holiday... (Paperback Edition)
March 7, 2013 – Shelved as: z-arc
March 7, 2013 – Shelved
March 7, 2013 – Shelved as: z-from-the-author-publisher
March 7, 2013 – Shelved as: a-trilogy
March 7, 2013 – Shelved as: genre-smut-galore-smuttiest
Started Reading
March 15, 2013 – Finished Reading
March 17, 2013 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
March 17, 2013 – Shelved as: zz-reviewed
March 17, 2013 – Shelved as: theme-incest-pseudo-incest
March 17, 2013 – Shelved as: tone-erotic
March 17, 2013 – Shelved as: i-love-this-new
March 17, 2013 – Shelved as: a-rrr-in-holiday-party
March 27, 2013 – Shelved as: tone-erotic (Paperback Edition)
March 27, 2013 – Shelved as: a-series
May 4, 2013 – Shelved as: zz-blog-list
July 1, 2015 – Shelved as: i-love-this-all

Gerald Have you read "Plaid Skirt Confessions?" I heard it has a happier ending, if you have read it, could you tell me what the happier ending is?

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Yes, in PLAID SKIRT CONFESSIONS, the girls are in college and in their 20's, so some of the elements that remained in the book don't work as well, but it's still a good read... I typically like Selena's naughty style :-). Here's what happens:

(view spoiler)

Gerald Thank you so much for letting me know. I just finished Temptations, so I shall post my review.

~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~ Love the UMNB history lesson, Bookie :)

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) ~Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure~ wrote: "Love the UMNB history lesson, Bookie :)"

lol... thank you! It's just all so confusing! I wanted to make sure everyone had it all straight

Gerald I finished Temptation last night, and I'm torn. From what I know about Plaid Skirt Confessions, I was dismayed to see that it took more from SKC, and less from UMNB. The things I disliked about the new one are :

Possible spoiler:

Four of the hottest scenes from UMNB, (and I'm sure you know which ones) are gone entirely, (Yeah, I know that pubic hair shaving wasn't in vogue), but having all the references to Erica getting too hot to stop, and joining Leah and her Daddy were very much missed by me. That's why I think it's more SKC, with just the UMNB twist tossed in at the end.

Erica's character is changed, not for the better. She was feisty, didn't give a damn about being a good little Catholic, and went with what felt good. Now, she's lost some of the fire, the original Erica is not there. And seeing that little twerp Bobby re-enter the story, ugh. He's a little creep.

Even a couple of short lines, like these:

" Come on." She spread her legs and started to rub herself. "Pick a movie and get undressed."

"You've got such a pretty pussy."

And others like that after the shaving put it into the stratosphere of heat.

Like I say, I'll have to read lots of reviews, to decide if I want to go any further. It's not easy to reconcile the full on version, with the new version. I am concerned about part 2, because it sounds like the sex will be close to zero. I hope I am wrong.

I am most annoyed at Amazon. If it wasn't for Amazon's sudden "morality police" stance, I am guessing we would have gotten a sequeal right from the end of the original. Two thumbs down, way down, for those clowns.

And let me add my thanks to your history lesson, too! :)

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Oh! Come on! It's SELENA KITT writing this trilogy! You can't honestly say you think book 2 will have no sex? That is just crazy talk! Lol! I think she will definitely figure out a way to weave in plenty of naughty fun :-)

I do agree that The Original definitely has that "something-something" that is hard to duplicate - but I also think her goal here was to give readers, like me for instance, who will read all the versions a slightly different book in each revised version.

In general, I am not a re-reader, so for me to have read this same basic story 4 times says a lot! I plan to read book 2, so keep an eye out for my review - if it sucks, I will say it sucks - maybe not exactly like that but I will be honest :-)

You are welcome for the "history lesson" ;-)

message 9: by I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (last edited Mar 24, 2013 01:46PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Oh and in case you didn't know, these books are basically the same story, but the taboo has been toned down for the masses instead of a sister, its a foreign exchange student/step-sibling/step-father...

The book on the left is the more taboo

Naughty Bits by Selena Kitt Foreign Exchange by Selena Kitt

Darla's Secret Wish by Selena Kitt Daddy's Favorites Darla by Selena Kitt

On the Bus by Selena Kitt On the Bus (Sibling Lust #3) by Selena Kitt

Gerald Thanks for the pep talk!

I will be eagerly awaiting your call on book 2, I hope it's as steamy as we all hope. :)

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Your welcome! I hope it's steamy too!

Gerald I ♥ Bookie Nookie wrote: "Oh and in case you didn't know, these books are basically the same story, but the taboo has been toned down for the masses instead of a sister, its a foreign exchange student/step-sibling/step-fath..."

Ah, thanks for the recommendations!! :)

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) sure! I'll let you know the verdict on book2

message 14: by Selena (last edited Mar 26, 2013 06:28PM) (new) - added it

Selena Kitt Thanks Bookie - did you post your review on Amazon? I thought I saw it, but it's not there now?

FWIW, Gerald's correct... there's nowhere near my usual amount of sex in book 2... but I think you guys will like it anyway! :P

xo
Selena

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Selena wrote: "Thanks Bookie - did you post your review on Amazon? I thought I saw it, but it's not there now?

What??? Yes! I posted it :-) Oh I wonder if they took it down b/c of my "history lesson"? going to look.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Oh! Points for Gerald! Good guessing :-)

message 18: by Selena (new) - added it

Selena Kitt Phew! Glad I just missed it :)

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Selena wrote: "Phew! Glad I just missed it :)"

Me too!

Gerald My guess was just a lucky one, the way the synopsis for book 2 was written, I had a "this looks tamer than I thought"! vibe.

message 21: by Selena (new) - added it

Selena Kitt It's sexually tamer, yes... but I don't think the sexual tension is any less... and it's definitely still a page turner, I think.

But read it for yourself and you tell me! :)

Gerald I can tell you, I take no pleasure in good guessing...but as you say, I will probably have to get my own copy, and set up for book 3.