Mel's Reviews > Laura's Big Break

Laura's Big Break by Janet Elizabeth Henderson

F 50x66
Mar 07, 2013

5 stars!

"He was the source of her adventures and the strength that kept her safe"

Laura must interview Charlie, the hot YouTube hero sensation in order to keep her job. It isn't an easy task considering she thinks sleeping with Charlie was the biggest mistake of her life. Charlie wants no part of this interview but Laura agrees to do whatever it takes to get the story. Charlie decides it might be helpful along with entertaining to have her with him for the next 2 weeks. Now having to deal with each other may just be what Laura and Charlie missed 12 years ago.

After reading the prologue, I was immediately hooked. The scene Janet Elizabeth Henderson played out was perfect for setting up what happened between Laura and Charlie 12 years ago. That's when I knew what type of girl Laura was. Sassy with guts! While reading the book I was never annoyed with Laura or Charlie. There personalities complimented each other. Sensible Laura and carefree Charlie. I honestly didn't even care about the secondary characters because I was so involved with Laura and Charlie. Neither seemed childish. Laura was never over the top with her quirkiness and Charlie was always level headed even when he was starting to admit that he was falling for Laura. I didn't want this book to end that's for sure. It was short but very romantic and definitely not over the top.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Laura's Big Break.