Michelle [Helen Geek]'s Reviews > One Night with a Cowboy

One Night with a Cowboy by Cat Johnson

03/15/2013 --

Another book I don't feel fair to rate. Two in one week ... must be a record.

I usually try to get a book to the 30% mark before I call it quits. This one just did not grab me at all. It felt like I was reading an old Harlequin -- before they were good. Know? It was just too cheesy for me.

I wanted to read it because I'm in Oklahoma and buddied with a GR friend from Oklahoma. I thought it would be fun. Let me tell you, this book just didn't capture the beautiful plains landscape that is Oklahoma. The laid back, good natured, western demeanor of the people. Nothing about this book feels like our wonderful places or our rich history. I was very disappointed.

Oh, well... you can't win them all. I appreciated the opportunity to give this book, this author a try.

If you decide to give this book a try, I hope you enjoy and have a good time with it. It didn't work for me, but it just may for you.

Happy Reading!

ARC provided by the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Night with a Cowboy.

March 6, 2013 – Shelved
March 15, 2013 – Shelved as: western
March 15, 2013 – Shelved as: buddy-read
March 15, 2013 – Finished Reading
December 29, 2013 – Shelved as: were-pub-d-in-2013-i-read

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Ann (new)

Ann As a fellow Oklahoman, this one grabbed my attention, however, looks like I'll skip it.

message 2: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle [Helen Geek] I would. not good at all.

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann Appreciate your review.

message 4: by Anne OK (new)

Anne OK I believe this Okie will follow the lead and let this one pass me by. Thanks for an honest opinion, Michelle!