Ehsan's Reviews > Among the Hidden

Among the Hidden by Margaret Peterson Haddix

M 50x66

A. The thing I like about the book is that Luke’s family lived on a farm and they were not rich. And if they were rich they would keep on bribing people and that would make the book boring.
B. The things I did not like are how Jen went to the rally and the government did that very cruel thing to the kids.
C.
1. The characters in the story were Luke, Mathew and mark (Luke’s brothers) Jen Luke’s best friend, Luke’s mom and dad, and Jen’s dad.
2. The most important scene of the book was when Luke discovered another third child. Luke was staring at the vents and he saw something move in the Baron’s house. Luke thought that was a third child because he counted that all 28 people in the neighborhood had left. If that did not happen nothing would’ve happen to Luke.
3. The genre of the book is science fiction
4. The setting of this book is Luke house and Jen house, it was also in the U.S.A were the government controls the kids. This all takes place sometime in the future.
D. This book reminds me of the story of Anne Frank and the story of what happened to the Jews when Hitler killed thousands of Jews because he hated them. I think that because the government wants no third children and Hitler doesn’t want Jews. The government killed third children and Hitler killed the Jews in World War II.
E. I think the special reason someone will want to read this book is if they have a third child or are a third child because then the book will show them what could happen if they had them in a time when government controlled kids.
F. This book does have a sequel. It is the first book in the Shadow Children series. This is the first time I read a book by the author. This book reminds me of Anne Frank because they both are hiding in attics basements and running away from the Germans. I would recommend this book because it is very in unpredictable and very inspiring. I think this is a good book to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Among the Hidden.

Started Reading