Ken's Reviews > Every Day Deserves a Chance: Wake Up to the Gift of 24 Hours

Every Day Deserves a Chance by Max Lucado

M 50x66

“Forgive and give as if it were your last opportunity. Love like there's no tomorrow, and if tomorrow comes, love again.” Max Lucado is an American author, and pastor that have written many books. He has won three Christian Book of the Year Awards. In addition, Lucado’s books are inspiring, thoughtful, and life-altering. After reading the book, Everyday Deserves a Chance I had an epiphany. I realized the things I was allowing to hold me back. Through the various stories and illustrations, I was able to sync my life into the words on the page, and from that moment, I never assessed each day the same. Although each day might vary, and I might face multiple challenges, I have learned to gravitate toward the positive aspects of the day and focus on the potential that still remains.
Furthermore, this book forced me to address some past hurts that I thought I had let go, such as forgiving my mom and stepdad. It did not dawn on me that I was carrying yesterday’s trouble into my future. Moreover, I was only limiting myself from being productive. Also, this book taught me to set goals and how to achieve them day by day. As a matter of fact, “Everyday Deserves a Chance,” helped me to stop allowing one issue during my day to throw off my entire day. For example, if I was upset about something, I would stay angry, for the entire day. Now, rather than stay angry I address the matter and move on.
In essence, we live in a tough economy, and society is waxing worse by the day. However, it is not the events that occur in a day that matters, but it is the way one handles the matter that make the difference in the day. Therefore, I would highly recommend this book for anyone who is seeking change in their life. Similar to a mirror, “Everyday Deserves a Chance” allowed me to see myself and all the potential that was going down the drain. In addition, I became aware of the countless opportunities that had and would continue to pass me by if I did not choose to give each day a chance.
P.S. Thanks Max God Bless you and your future endeavors!!!
Every Day Deserves a Chance: Wake Up to the Gift of 24 Hours

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Every Day Deserves a Chance.

Started Reading