Luke Burrage's Reviews > The State of the Art

The State of the Art by Iain M. Banks

bookshelves: audio-book, ebook, reading-with-juliane

4 stars for the main novella and the other two Culture short stories.

Full review on my podcast, SFBRP episode #219.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The State of the Art.

May 6, 2009 – Shelved
February 1, 2014 – Started Reading
February 1, 2014 – Shelved as: audio-book
February 1, 2014 – Shelved as: ebook
February 1, 2014 – Shelved as: reading-with-juliane
February 1, 2014 –
10.0% "Some fun short stories. Not good to the mains story yet."
February 3, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Gregg Kellogg Note that the BBC did a great radio drama version of SotA. Available on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRl9D...

Luke Burrage Gregg wrote: "Note that the BBC did a great radio drama version of SotA. Available on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRl9D..."

Yeah, we're going to give it a listen and discuss it along with the ebook, audiobook, and German book.

Isabel (kittiwake) Thanks for giving a link to the radio play, Greg - I'll have a listen, not that I've finished the book

Isabel (kittiwake) 'now' that'I've finished

message 5: by J (last edited Feb 28, 2014 06:36PM) (new)

J Very frustrating. I loved the first 3 books of the series ("Consider Phlebas", "The Player of Games" and Use of Weapons").

The next 4 books ("State of the Art", "Excession", "Inversions" and "Look to Winward") are not currently available as an Audible audio book or Kindle ebook for people in the United States.

message 6: by Steve (new)

Steve Knight Pretty good review Luke. Banks made it clear right from beginning that Culture isn't a future version of us, Consider Phlebas appendices show Idiran-Culture war started in AD 1267.