Luke Burrage's Reviews > Solaris

Solaris by Stanisław Lem

bookshelves: plan-to-read-at-some-point, recommended-by-sfbrp-listeners, audio-book, paper-book
Read 2 times. Last read July 7, 2011 to July 10, 2011.

Full review on my podcast, SFBRP #132.

Coming soon: Another review of the Polish-English audiobook, the Polish-French-English paper book translation, the Polish-German ebook, the Polish-Russian movie (with Polish-Russian-English subtitles), the Polish-English movie and the Polish-English radio drama...

Should be pretty epic!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Solaris.

Finished Reading
July 10, 2011 – Finished Reading
March 28, 2013 – Shelved as: paper-book
March 28, 2013 –
page 30
13.45% "Second time through, this time with a paper book and a Polish to French to English translation."
March 29, 2013 –
page 80
March 31, 2013 –
page 124
55.61% "Spooky!"

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

message 1: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome Don't get too depressed, dude!

Luke Burrage I just read The Children of Men. How much more depressing can it get?

unknown are you listening to the new translation from audible?

Luke Burrage Joel wrote: "are you listening to the new translation from audible?"

Yup!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I enjoyed the new audio translation more than the awkward Polish to French to English version. I was more able to focus on the author's truly alien intelligence. One problem with the audio was the narrator sometimes almost whispering. Good in textual context, not so good when merging onto the hwy while listening.

message 6: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome Greg wrote: "One problem with the audio was the narrator sometimes almost whispering. Good in textual context, not so good when merging onto the hwy while listening."

I had that problem with the On Stranger Tides audiobook.

Luke Burrage I really enjoyed the narration, though I did miss a few line due to the whispering.

Jenny (Reading Envy) I enjoyed your podcast on this, because it is one of those books I know I'll read "one day.". For a true mindf$&@, try reading Memoirs Found in a Bathtub by the same author, where it is never actually clear what is going on!

Gregory Rothbard http://www.lukeandpola.com/audio/SFBR... One can listen to Luke Burrage on this link. Thanks Gregory D. Rothbard