Luke Burrage's Reviews > Forever Peace

Forever Peace by Joe Haldeman

it was ok
bookshelves: recommended-by-sfbrp-listeners, hugo-nebula, audio-book

The first half was on course to be a 5 star book, or at least a 4 star book. Then the second half was 1 star material, but due to the extreme disappointment after the great first half, it could even be a zero star stuff.

Averages out to 1.5 stars. I don't think I've ever read anything so uneven and disappointing.

Full review on my podcast, SFBRP episode #239.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forever Peace.

May 6, 2009 – Shelved
May 6, 2009 – Shelved as: recommended-by-sfbrp-listeners
June 29, 2014 – Started Reading
July 3, 2014 – Shelved as: hugo-nebula
July 3, 2014 – Shelved as: audio-book
July 3, 2014 –
75.0% "This started really good. But then half way through the story expands out from one soldier's personal experience with war to saving the world/universe/future/human race. It gets VERY stupid, very quickly, but not in a fun way. In fact, it takes such a hard turn into crazy shit-ness that I think it all might be in the main character's head."
July 4, 2014 –
85.0% "This book is just utterly shit now. How can something go from being so good to so bad? Everything I liked about the first half is gone, replaced by almost everything I dislike about bad science in my science fiction."
July 4, 2014 –
99.0% "I've only got 10 minutes of the audiobook left to listen to... and I'm not sure I have the will to get to the end."
July 4, 2014 – Finished Reading