Fiction And Fashion Book Blog's Reviews > Plastic Hearts

Plastic Hearts by Lisa De Jong

Brittany’s Review: 4 Stars!

www.fictionandfashion.com

Dane's Bookboyfriend page:

Let me start by saying that I LOVED the idea of this story. Rich girl, a family with high expectations, falling for someone her parents would never approve of? Awesome. I definitely jumped at the opportunity when Lisa asked us to review for her. I might have stolen this one for myself {grin}.

“Happiness is more important than money.”

I don’t even know where to start. I’ll first say that I read this in one afternoon/evening. I haven’t stayed up late to finish a book in weeks. I even blew off crossfit in the morning to stay up late and finish… and if you know me {shut up Abby and Rhiannon}, I’m slightly addicted so, it’s kind of a big deal

“I learned a long time ago that most of my family and friends had plastic hearts. Plastic hearts are made so they cannot be broken. Cracked maybe, but never broken.”

Plastic Hearts by Lisa De Jong starts with Alexandra (Alex) Riley living the life that she is expected to. A boyfriend that she loves but doesn’t love. A college major that she hates, and a family that doesn’t know the real her.

“Life inspires me. Life is unfair, unkind and unforeseeable. It knocks you down when you least expect it.”

Enter one chance encounter at a club with Dane Wright and Alex’s life changes forever. What unfolds is a heart warming, coming of age love story between two very opposite people that find that they aren’t all that different.

“We all make mistakes and do things we wish we could take back, but it is what we do after that truly matters…and I like your after.”

I won’t lie. I loved Dane. And even though sometimes him and Alex were a little over the top with their I love you’s, but the chemistry between these two was great. I loved Dane’s cocky banter, almost more than the sweet side of him. I didn’t think I would relate to Alex, but honestly, maybe we don’t have her parents to that extent, but everyone can relate to the pressures of parents. Plus the addition of Tyler and Jade were just enough to keep the story moving and add to the plot.

“Alex, love can change your life. Don’t run away from it.”

I’m very excited to see what else comes from Lisa De Jong after this steller first book. Not to mention I can’t wait to read the follow up, Glass Hearts this summer!

Be sure to pick this book up because you definitely won’t be disappointed.

“Redemption isn’t something that comes fast and easy. You have to put all your effort and heart into it to make it work.”

*ARC was provided by the Author for a honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Plastic Hearts.

Quotes Fiction And Fashion Liked

Lisa De Jong
“If you get one taste of that man, you will never go back to polos and khakis. That boy is going to rock your world.”

Lisa De Jong
“Now that may be a first. A girl who has no interest whatsoever in the handsome, emotionally unavailable, Dane Wright.”

Lisa De Jong
“I didn’t want a wedding at all until this certain girl popped into my life. Now I want whatever she wants. I would do anything to make her happy.”

March 3, 2013 – Started Reading
March 3, 2013 – Shelved
March 3, 2013 –
16.0% "Off to a good start... Love tattoos :)"
March 3, 2013 –
28.0% "Alex you are one stupid bit....ugh."
March 4, 2013 – Finished Reading