Nadia Gonzalez's Reviews > Clifford's Good Deeds

Clifford's Good Deeds by Norman Bridwell

F 50x66

bookshelves: animals, electronic-book, picture-book, fiction

Summary: Clifford's Good Deeds by Norman Bridwell is a book about a big kind hearted red dog named Clifford and his friend Emily Elizabeth. One day a boy who lived across the street from Emilly and Clifford decided that if he had the help of Clifford he could many people. Clifford, Emily Elizabeth and Tim try to accomplish good deeds, and end up only creating trouble. For example, in one case they wanted to help a man who was raking leaves. They helped the man rake the leaves and put them in his truck,but little did they know that leaves made Clifford sneeze. AH-CHOO, Clifford sneezed and all the leaves out of he truck. Oops. Each story ends however with Clifford saving the day and demonstrating that sometimes no matter how big we are, we face adversity, and there is nothing to do about it but keep trying. The illustrations provide the reader with a great visual aid to the words on the page. The illustrations are bright and grab the readers attention.

Response: I thought this book was cute, funny, but also teaches a great lesson to kids about helping one another. The Clifford books that I have read in the past were always interesting and funny which lead me to read this one. I like the fact that these books can be used to teach morals and also teach students that although you mess up it's the thought that counts.

Classroom Connection: According to brighthubeducation.com, Clifford's Good Deeds can be used in a lesson plan that can help students learn the importance of helping others. The lesson plan can also be used to enhance the students vocabulary and literacy skills. Before reading the book allow the students to view the cover and discuss what they see and what they feel is going to happen in the story. Read the story a loud and ask discussion question to spark the students critical thinking skills. Worksheets such as Clifford the Dog Activity sheets can be used to enhance the students vocabulary

Text complexity: Clifford's Good Deeds is a 410L Lexile. It is appropriate for read a loud preK-1 and for independent reading by the end of first grade.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clifford's Good Deeds.

Finished Reading