Brandi Salazar's Reviews > Find You in the Dark

Find You in the Dark by A. Meredith Walters

Mar 02, 2013

I wanted to give this five stars because it really was an intense book that wrenched my emotions, but it needs a little cleaning up (grammar, punctuation, missing words or letters of words, etc.), which pulled it down a bit for me. Overall, this was probably one of the better reads I have checked out so far this year. It's gripping, poignant, and...well, beautiful. I loved the journey I took with Maggie and Clay. I was invested in their turmoil and really rooted for their success when it seemed that they had everything pushing against them. The author didn't try to sell a happily ever after, which I really appreciate, even though it broke my damn heart. But, she gave me hope, which is all I can ask. This was a very honest portrayal of what it is like to go through the ups and downs of mental illness. Many times, I put myself in Maggie's shoes and I just can't say that I would have been able to do much different than she did. Love is a tricky thing and Miss Walters shows us all that sometimes, it just isn't enough.

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoyed The Secret of Ella and Micha. If you remember the ending, should have an idea of the direction this story took and the feelings you were left with. In some ways, I think Find You in the Dark surpassed that, which, to me, is a good thing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Find You in the Dark.