Ni_kii's Reviews > Muscle For Hire

Muscle For Hire by Lexxie Couper

bookshelves: military-romance, ex-military-hero, bodygaurd, alpha-male, smexy, smoking-hot-sex

Originally reviewed at http://scorchingbookreviews.blogspot....

OK, I’ll admit that whenever Lexxie Couper writes a new book, it goes on the wish list. She writes fabulously smutty books without slacking on the plotlines. This one may be the hottest one yet with the entire thing making me need a cold shower!

Aslin was introduced to us as Nick’s bodyguard in Love’s Rhythm and I’m pretty sure I begged for his book in that review. A hot, ex-military man who happens to be a Brit?? I see James Bond immediately J (Daniel Craig of course). He didn’t disappoint in this one but in his book we get to examine the Alpha edge that makes him a mean and sexy bastard. When he sets his sights on Rowan, he pursues her like a predator when it scents a weakness in his prey. He knows she wants him, exploits the fact and manages to charm his way into her knickers.

Once he is there though, he of course realises that the feelings that she elicits in him are much more than lust. I fricking loved that he was attracted to her strength. It made perfect sense to me that he would like the fact that she could take care of herself; that he could take of her because he wanted to and not because she needed him to. I loved that he never shied away from what she could do and that he understood her well enough never to undermine that strength infront of people that she didn’t know well enough (the hot brother didn’t count!). I. Fricking. Adored. Aslin. Even more than Nick and I NEVER thought that was possible. He was just so ....swoon!

“He shifted beneath her, an inch at a time, determined not to wake her. It took patience, stealth and muscle control, but Aslin didn’t care. He not only didn’t want to wake her, he wanted to be certain he didn’t hurt her.”

Rowen was a typical Lexxie Couper heroine. Strong, independent and fiercely loyal to those she called her own, there was a fragile streak a mile long that she kept very well hidden. She had something that I adore in my heroines; complete sexual inhibition. They skipped up a few bases on the back of a motorcycle, had sex against a door, sex in a bed....... I’m not sure there was anywhere they didn’t! She was completely OK with her lust for him and did everything in her power to make it completely pleasurable for the both of them. I adore all aspects of her character but together they were fricking dynamite.

The suspense plot was very well written. I fell for every red herring that was planted and didn’t figure out the culprit until the end....well played Ms Couper! I loved the side characters that were introduced to us... perhaps the next book may be Levi, the sexy backup bodyguard *bats eyelashes*

If you like your romance with a healthy dollop of heat, this is one to try. With characters that made me smile, sex scenes that made me need an ice bath and a twisty plot that kept me hooked, there is no way that I could ever dream of giving it anything less than a full five stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Muscle For Hire.

Started Reading