Naj's Reviews > Wicked Destiny

Wicked Destiny by Tiffany Stevens

bookshelves: read-in-2013
Read 2 times. Last read September 6, 2013 to September 9, 2013.

I must be really tired of the paranormal romances because I didn’t find myself attached to the characters, the plot or the entire book like I usually am. I still enjoyed the book but on a different level.

Wicked Destiny was very fast-paced, page-turning and action-packed. I only wished there wasn’t a love triangle/square and wished even more that our protagonist, Sloane was a much stronger character. Her inability to live on after being left behind by her ex-boyfriend, Declan was excessively hard to read without sometimes rolling my eyes.

She changes her look, her style and her hair just to ‘hide’ the person she was with her ex, Declan. Then another guy comes in and starts ‘chasing’ after her like a dog. And of course, she gives in so easily. Even though she pretended not to care. The romance with the new guy Viktor, was too quick for my liking. But then, in the back of my head, I had to contradict myself and think that maybe I should give Sloane a break. She is pretty self-destructive and that’s not entirely her fault. Bottom-line is I can’t stand self-destructive main characters, so Sloane was pretty hard for me to get used to. The minor characters on the other hand, I liked a lot. Shay, the best friend and the bar manager, Jared are my favorites.

Overall, I enjoyed Wicked Destiny, it had a solid paranormal plot, minor characters that rocked and the only thing that kept me from giving this book 5 stars was the self-pitying characters and the love triangles/squares. And a note, for the author, keep writing! I can’t wait to read what you’ll come up with next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Destiny.

Finished Reading (Paperback Edition)
March 1, 2013 – Shelved
September 6, 2013 – Started Reading
September 9, 2013 –
page 122
52.36% "Shay is the best!"
September 9, 2013 – Finished Reading
September 10, 2013 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
September 10, 2013 – Shelved as: read-in-2013 (Paperback Edition)
September 13, 2013 – Shelved as: read-in-2013