Geri Reads's Reviews > Private Practice

Private Practice by Samanthe Beck

5 Awesome stars!

I devoured this book, and boy it was really good.

Ellie "Sparky" Swan moved back to her hometown to open her practice and to take her of her diabetic father whom she has a tenuous relationship with. Sparky wanted the hometown golden boy, Roger who just broke up with his fiancee after 10 years of being engaged. Sparky found out the reason for the break-up after she "overheard" a conversation between Roger's ex and her friend. It seems like Roger has acquired a taste for unconventional sex and is wanting a nymphomaniac for a girlfriend.

Sparky being the prim and proper town doctor decided that to win Roger over she needs to walk in dark side and unleash her inner sex goddess. What's a good doctor to do? Buy a fully illustrated copy of The Wild Woman’s Guide to Sex: Tactics Guaranteed to Bring a Man to His Knees, of course and convince Tyler Longfoot for some private lessons in seduction.

Enter Tyler "Footlong" Longfoot -- sexy, unpredictable, a little bit of a bad boy, but decent to the core business owner. The two of them struck a deal. Ellie will get her lessons if she keeps quiet about a little "incident" that landed Tyler in the doc's doorstep.

This is where the story gets interesting and downright hilarious. Yes, the plot has been done countless of times already but what sets this book apart was the humor. This is one heck of funny book. I found myself laughing out loud many times. The chemistry between Sparky and Tyler is off the charts hot. Both their interactions with each other and inner monologues are really, really funny and they are both likable, which is a plus.

I love Sparky. She's got spunk. She knows what she wants, albeit a misguided one, and goes after it. And of course, Tyler. You can't help but swoon for Tyler. His loyalty, his strength and his humor is just wonderful. I love them both together.

Aside from the two main characters, this book is filled with great secondary characters -- all of them really, really likable. I'm hoping for Melody and Chief Bradley's story next. Did you hear that Samanthe Beck?

Would highly recommend this book. Such a treat.

Review also posted here Ever After Romance

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Private Practice.

Quotes Geri Reads Liked

Samanthe Beck
“She called him sweet. Next she'd be calling him nice,and if that happened, he might as well tie a big pink bow around his balls and hand them over." - Tyler”

Samanthe Beck
“He bit his lip to keep from screaming like a little girl. I can't believe you were afraid to ride on my bike. You drive this car (a Mini Cooper) around as if a collision with anything bigger than a gnat swarm wouldn't turn it into a rolling coffin. - Tyler to Ellie”

Samanthe Beck
“He’s assisting me with a personal project.”

Melody grinned. “Uh-huh, right. You couldn’t find your tonsils so he stopped by to help you look for them. Search to be continued this Friday. If you want my advice, you should have him hunt for something really important, like your G-spot.”

February 27, 2013 – Shelved
February 28, 2013 – Started Reading
February 28, 2013 –
0.0% "LoL! This book is hilarious!"
February 28, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ Fantastic review Geri!! I hope she does do a second book with Melody & Brad!!

Geri Reads I connected with her on FB and she might do a novella on them. Keeping my fingers crossed for that one.

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ Geri wrote: "I connected with her on FB and she might do a novella on them. Keeping my fingers crossed for that one."

Good to know!! Thanks for the update Geri :))

Lauren Blakely I'd like to see the Chief's story too! I loved all the references to the chapters without her saying what the chapter was about. Very clever!

Geri Reads Yup! It made you imagine all kinds of naughty things too. LoL!

Lauren Blakely One of my fave lines was when he said he didn't want to just be the guy who talked her about of chapter 13!

Duchess Nicole Yay, glad you liked it Geri! Nice review!

Geri Reads Duchess Nicole wrote: "Yay, glad you liked it Geri! Nice review!"

Thanks, Nicole. I'm reading her next book Lover Undercover next. Keeping my fingers crossed. :)

Duchess Nicole Very cool, I'll keep an eye out for your review! I was hoping she'd throw another one at us soon!

message 10: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee Paige Great review, Geri! I was surprised how much I loved this. I think I'm going to re-read this before the second book.