Ade's Reviews > Twisted Perfection

Twisted Perfection by Abbi Glines

did not like it

Know what the slogan of the books by Abbi Glines should be?

"Condoms? Who needs condoms? Pulling out works just fine."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twisted Perfection.

February 26, 2013 – Shelved
May 6, 2013 – Started Reading
May 6, 2013 –
1.0% "I wonder if Woods is also an advocate of the pull out method."
May 6, 2013 –
1.0% "FUCK ME STRAIGHT TO HELL. I'm nosey, so I wanted to see if I was right, and yep. Woods also enjoys using the pull out method as a form of contraception. Fucking idiots."
May 6, 2013 –
10.0% "I really don't want to read this book. I think I'm going to DNF it."
June 15, 2013 –
72.0% "WHY DOES ABBI GLINES THINK THAT THE PULL OUT METHOD IS AN EFFECTIVE METHOD OF CONTRACEPTION!?"
June 15, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

message 1: by Ceilidh (new)

Ceilidh I have several big romance no-nos. Unsafe sex and the whole "oh it was in the heat of the moment and I'm not on the Pill and he didn't wear a condom" bollocks makes me physically angry. It's not sexy, it's fucking stupid.

message 2: by Ade (new) - rated it 1 star

Ade Her unprotected sex isn't even heat of the moment. They're just like

Girl: Nope, I'm good. I can't get pregnant at this time of the month OR I just want to feel you bare! OR Why don't you just pull out?
Guy: That plan... SOUNDS AMAZING!
*both of them having sex and BAM guy gets "caught in the heat of the moment" and cums in her*
A Few Months Later
Girl: OMG I'M PREGNANT! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN!?

Alisha-Dear Constant Reader Yeah, that method totally works! Ask my 8 and 6 year old about it! ;)

Nemo (The Moonlight Library) Best. Review. Ever.

Zero vi Britannia What I don't get is that there are other non-pregnancy causing ways of having sex. Why does nobody go for those?

message 6: by Ade (new) - rated it 1 star

Ade Zero vi Britannia wrote: "What I don't get is that there are other non-pregnancy causing ways of having sex. Why does nobody go for those?"

Because Abbi Glines doesn't care about sending out a positive message to her readers. Well, at least not one that her readers should follow. The "positive" message is that if a girl has unprotected sex with a guy, it'll make you look sexier and more desirable, and he'll be willing to stay with you when you inevitably end up pregnant.

message 7: by Ceilidh (new)

Ceilidh She's had female characters get pregnant from unprotected sex in her work before. Is this a kink? Eww. Because nothing's more positive or sexy than getting knocked up by the first controlling dick you have sex with,

Aly is so frigging bored That sums everything up nicely =))) This made my day, thank you

Elaina Nguyen Y'all shouldn't get your panties in a wad. It's just a book. Just read and enjoy.

Megan I'm happy I'm not the only one who thinks, now where did they use a condom? Did I miss reading that part?

Liesbeth Love this review! I'm also amazed about how she writes these sexual encounters.
I would love to see books that are pro-protection, anti-slut shaming (not saying she does slut shaming..can't really remember but so many writers do), and just be a bit more realistic that when a girl gets pregnant at 19 y.o. after being with a boy for 2 months it usually doesn't end up being happily ever after.

Elena Hahaha hilarious... Although, sounds like we didn't read the same book, since absolutely NO ONE got pregnant in this one ,,, where are you guys getting this pregnancy from ?!