Aisha Oaktree's Reviews > Reflected in You

Reflected in You by Sylvia Day

Originally Posted on Bewitching Bibliophile

Rating 3.5

Because Eva whined too much in the beginning. Eva, at the start of this book reverted back to the insecure, "lets run away even though we had moved past this phase already" girl. And it annoyed me so much as I was reading. Like didn't we deal with this five minutes ago?? With that Eva's character annoyed me for about half the book, I guessed before it was revealed who made her mother sick. I'm not sure I her relationship with Cary; it's just this side of being extremely co~dependent and certainly not really good for him or her. He seemed more than ever to be holiday her back especially when she has to intervene and try to save him from himself more than once.

Out of the three books so far this has to be the most useless one. It almost didn't add anything to the story until about half way through then the story got back on track and we began to advance beyond the contrived and childish actions.

I'm glad she began being her, more as the story moved on the couple's therapy sessions were good but they both refused to talk so how is this helping??

Eventually some really good stuff happens and I'm once again hooked to the story of Eva and Gideon especially when I noticed how similar to another favorite character he was ( I mean the book is dedicated to Nora, so yeah that was a huge clue).

All in all, still a worth while read still just a little on the slow side to get started.
P.S. If someone ha pictures to blackmail you with, especially if they are in it...it's considered a CONFESSION!!! And confession trumps embarrassment a thousand percent. That's how they could have handled that, but that's just me.

Check Out my review of Book One, make sure to come back and check out Book Three's review!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reflected in You.

February 26, 2013 – Shelved
July 8, 2013 – Started Reading
July 8, 2013 –
page 170
50.3% "Really Eva, REALLY?!!?!?!?!?!? You stupid idiot, WHY?!?!?!/!?"
July 9, 2013 –
page 240
71.01% "At what point do you take your head out of your ass and grow up???? Why do you taker.EVRRBODY elses.word seriously but not the man you're.dating???? yeah i'm so done with this idiot"
July 9, 2013 – Shelved as: 30-day-challenge