Amy's Reviews > Alex Cross, Run

Alex Cross, Run by James Patterson

it was ok

I went back and forth between 2 and 3 stars on this one. There were three cases going on at the same time....a bit overkill - no pun intended. I really found only one case even remotely interesting and that was the killer who was specifically targeting Alex Cross. There was a shocking conclusion to this particular case (not to reveal anything but I am not totally convinced this person is really gone - especially making a big deal of no dental records for ID.) Although we knew why Ron targeted Alex Cross, we never found out the WHY this person killed the other women. The book didn't fully flesh out his motives and background because it was too focused on simulaneously telling about the other two murderers. I found the Dr. Creem and his sidekick Josh too disturbing - sexual gratification and gore for no reason. No real story with these guys - just two disturbed individuals and I had to be the unfortunate reader of their actions. I am kind of surprised that James Patterson didn't have a co-writer for this book - someone else I could blame for the poor writing and plot development. And, I will add....his books are getting more expensive - not getting the value for the dollar either.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alex Cross, Run.

Started Reading
February 25, 2013 – Shelved
February 25, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

They did say why he killed the other women, he wanted his children. He fathered both of those girls and killed the moms to have his family. I agree I am not convinced the other is dead either as it was just too left up in the air with no dna or dental records.

Bonnie I agree. I was so disappointed with this book in the series. I almost didn't finish it and that is unlike me.

LeeAnn Totally agree with your review, Amy!

Vincent de Paul Me too, I was undecided how many stars, I ended up with two. JP these days seems to be writing unbelievable stories.

message 5: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra Dodds This was my first James Patterson book and I was very disappointed and agree completely with your comments Amy.

Maura Seymour Well stated Bonnie. Total agreement.