Joana's Reviews > Come Alive

Come Alive by Karina Halle

** spoiler alert ** Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

*sigh*

To say I was excited to read this book, doesn't even cover it!
And my expectations for this one?
Really HIGH but Oh BOY, Karina Halle NEVER disappoints, she surpasses herself in each book!
It was AMAZING, BRILLIANT and UNSTOPPABLE.

And a whole novel, in Dex's POV?

It really was...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

By now, you know I'm crazy about Dex. (Just look at my name,lol)
And each opportunity to get in his head (in not a psycho way),was like Christmas morning + me in a bookstore,lol. Are you getting the excitement?aha

So Come Alive picks u right after Into the Hollow and we get how new and at sometimes awkward Perry and Dex relationship is.
But Dex is set, on making Perry realize, how right they are for each other, how they're meant for each other.
And of course there is wooing and there is lot's of passionate moments between this 2.

" I just thought I should warn you that the second we walk in to the apartment, I am going to maul the fuck out of you. I don't care if you're tired or bruised or scratched. You'll just be more so when I'm finished."

HOT,HOT,HOT!
Let's just say that chapter 4 will be forever a favorite *fanning myself

Anyway, Jimmy gives them a last chance for Experiment in Terror but Max must be on their team, and be in charge for it.

Yep, you read it right, Max aka douchecanoe is back!

And this time they're headed to investigate a haunted house,in New Orleans, a city full of ancient magic and traditions.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

They'll be caught on in some black magic, putting everything on the line, their love and their lives!

*************************

By now you get it how much i LOVE this book!
Seriously, Dex is hilarious! I lost count the times that I was laughing or just grinning like a fool. Only he can say those things and get away with it!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And at the same time the depth of this story, the depth of the love this 2 feel for each other. It's the kind of love, we all dream to find one day (minus the ghosts and demons,aha).

And Perry?
Still and forever our kick ass heroine.
When she put a certain b*tch in her place?
I just thought "YOU GO GIRL!!!"
We get that she feels insecure regarding Dex but slowly she is becoming more assertive and certain.

(view spoiler)

About the story...

This one was so damn SCARY!!!
By far the SCARIEST!It even was more scary than the freakin ISLAND OF DEATH!!!
I was freaking out big time, let me tell you that.

(view spoiler)

And don't let me start on a particular part, around 60%, where my heart was broken T.T

Anyway, I want say much more, I don't want to spoil anyone.
Now if you haven't read this series, WHY THE HELL NOT?

RUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNN, go grab a copy :D

Oh and neither to say I'll be eager and counting the days for the next one!

5 millions "I love You Dex" stars

******************************

A big thank you to the AMAZING Georgia, Kristalia,Debra,Ana Rita,Vilda and Catarina for a FANTASTIC BUDDY READ!

This was just so much fun!!!

*****EARLIER REACTIONS*****

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Come Alive is coming!!! June 23rd!!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And it will be time to another buddy read with the girls, that like me, suffer from Deximia, a condition where we're addicted to all things Dex Foray :D
Of course the BD read will count with the AMAZING and EXTRAORDINAIRE Kris, Georgia,Debra, Vilda and Rita!! And now Catarina is joining too!!

If you want to join, let us know! :D

And don't forget...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Come Alive.

Quotes Joana Liked

Karina Halle
“They didn’t care, which was too bad because I thought everyone should care that I fucked Perry last night and fucked her good. Perhaps I needed to get an airplane to write that in the sky. I knew an auburn-haired snatchslinger who needed to see it.”

Karina Halle
“You’re my home, Perry. And I will be yours.”

Karina Halle
“I just thought I should warn you that the second we walk into the apartment, I am going to maul the fuck out of you. I don’t care if you’re tired or bruised or scratched. You’ll just be more so when I’m finished.”

Karina Halle
“I want to be with you. Not just as a partner, not just as a friend. I want us to be together, to be one, to be…I don’t know, a fucking couple.”

Karina Halle
“The day I met a friendly ghost was the day I came up with better analogies.”

Karina Halle
“Perry, I’ve wanted you since the moment I saw you. I’m not going to stop showing you off or rubbing it in to everyone I know, anytime soon … You’re mine. And you’re mine alone. From now until the end of time.”

Karina Halle
“Baby, I love you, more than ever, more than anything in the fucking world. You are my world. And all I’ve ever wanted is for me to be yours.”

Karina Halle
“Kiddo, I rarely get compliments. So I just decide to compliment myself instead. You should try it sometime.”

Karina Halle
“Well, to what do we owe the honor of your presence?" I asked snidely. National Slut Convention next door? Twatwaffles Anonymous?”

Karina Halle
“We can go steady and you can wear my letterman jacket.”
“Ooooh, maybe,” she said playfully. “What letter is on it?”
“No letter, just a picture of a cock.”
She snorted. “Of course there is.”
“It's a rooster, you pervert.”
She eyed me dryly. “Oh yeah? Why a rooster?”
“It symbolizes my cock. Can't love me without loving cock.”

Karina Halle
“What did the candles smell like?” she asked.
Was she kidding me?
“Like Eau du Zombie. I don't know.”

Karina Halle
“I had trouble even looking at her face without getting lost in the beauty, lost in the feelings, the love I had for her.”

Karina Halle
“I love you, I’ve loved you from the very start. And… sometimes I think I can’t possibly love you more. And then I do.”

Karina Halle
“I realized it didn’t mean anything without Perry by my side. She was my reason for living. She was the reason I’d come alive in the first place.”

February 25, 2013 – Shelved
June 23, 2013 – Started Reading
page 1
0.23% " Image Hosted by ImageShack.us\n \n The wait is over!!!!!!!!\n \n Ready for our epic bd read girls? ;)"
page 3
0.68% "Jesus,Dex,I told myself.Get a grip before you start imagining her on Animal Planet.\n \n LMAO, got to love pervy Dex ;)"
page 5
1.14% "That was HOT!!!\n Image Hosted by ImageShack.us"
page 15
3.42% "- douchenugget, he-who-shall-not-be-named\n \n LMAO...Dex, you do come up with the best names for Max"
page 20
4.57% "Whoa, that was LAVA HOT!!!\n \n Image Hosted by ImageShack.us\n \n Oh and take that Jenn! B*tch!"
page 24
5.48% ""Oh Dex, didn't you know? I'm one of the good guys." \n \n GAH! And I want to PUNCH you in the face..."
page 38
8.68% "Loving the whole vibe in New Orleans :)\n But of course, I'm sensing scary stuff is coming *shudders"
page 59
13.47% ""Over the years, my work has brought me into many people's lives. I've met dead loved ones at séances, have done reading for rock stars that made deals with the devil."\n \n Ring any bell, you guys? :D"
page 62
14.16% "WHAAAATT? NOOOOO! Just NO!\n I'm dreading the next chapter T.T"
page 66
15.07% " Image Hosted by ImageShack.us"
June 23, 2013 –
82.0% "OMFG! this is scary sh*t going on!\n I'm freaking out!"
June 24, 2013 –
100.0% "This books was just brilliant!\n Image Hosted by ImageShack.us\n \n And now, are we going to survive until the next one? T.T"
June 24, 2013 – Shelved as: paranormal
June 24, 2013 – Shelved as: swoon-worthy-hero
June 24, 2013 – Shelved as: too-much-chemistry-for-me-to-handle
June 24, 2013 – Finished Reading

Kristalia Deximia ftw ;D

Joana Kristalia wrote: "Deximia ftw ;D"

hahaha, you did come up with the name :D

Kristalia :D it was Perry's idea :D

Joana Kristalia wrote: ":D it was Perry's idea :D"

haha, my memory does suck *facepalm
Either way, it's a awesome name ^^

Kristalia LOL xDDDDDDDDDD

Jamie Wittekind who is that? I know that's "DEX" but who is it really?

Kristalia Jamie wrote: "who is that? I know that's "DEX" but who is it really?"

Matthew Gray Gubler i think ^_^

Joana Yep, it's Matthew :D

Debra Yayyy, can't wait!!! :-D NEED.MORE.DEX. ;-) <3

Joana Debra wrote: "Yayyy, can't wait!!! :-D NEED.MORE.DEX. ;-) <3"

Me too hon, me too ♥

Joana Vilda wrote: "Wohooo! :D:D Can't wait!!"

Same here Vilda :D *countdown mood*

message 12: by xrysa (last edited Jun 14, 2013 07:09AM) (new) - added it

xrysa Nice work with the pics :))

Joana kristina wrote: "Nice work with the pics :))"

message 14: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Great pics! :D

Joana Barbara wrote: "Great pics! :D"

Thanks Barbara ;)

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ I am waiting but I can't stay calm..... SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! #fangirling

Joana Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ wrote: "I am waiting but I can't stay calm..... SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! #fangirling"

hahaha, I'm only calm at the surface...in my mind i'm like chanting #Dex, Dex,Dex" :D

I can't freakin wait hon ♥

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Yep nice casting for Dex lol 2 more days!!! YAY!!!!

Joana Ana Rita wrote: "Yep nice casting for Dex lol 2 more days!!! YAY!!!!"

YAAAAAY!!! Can't wait to get my hands on dex ;)

Ashley 1 more day!!!! I love the 'keep calm and wait for Dex' picture, but I'm having a hard time with the calm.

Joana Ashley wrote: "1 more day!!!! I love the 'keep calm and wait for Dex' picture, but I'm having a hard time with the calm."

hahah, i know! I'm trying to be calm but not succeeding at all! I can't wait :D

Joana Pavlina wrote: "Enjoy Joana :))"

Kristalia Can't wait for the review <3

Joana Kristalia (◡‿◡✿) wrote: "Can't wait for the review <3"

Just finished it ♥

♥ Becky  22 Great review Joana!! :) <3

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Awesome review Joana! as usual :D

Joana ♥ Becky 22 wrote: "Great review Joana!! :) <3"

Thank you Becky :) Gosh, I just want to read this book all over again *sigh

Joana Ana Rita wrote: "Awesome review Joana! as usual :D"

Oh and I had loads of fun on the buddy read! Same thing for the next book? ;)

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Damn awesome review bestie! Absolutely loved it!
So glad you loved it and of course we had a blast with all the status updates and comments!!! :D :D :D

Love ya! ♥ ♥ ♥

Joana Christine The Dark Romance Junkie wrote: "Great review Joana!"

Joana Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ wrote: "Damn awesome review bestie! Absolutely loved it!

Love ya! ♥ ♥ ♥"

Thank you so much, my lovely bestie ♥
It's was hard to write this one, to express how much i freakin love this book and this series *sigh
Oh and I never forget that was you that made me interested to read this series, you're awesome hon =)xx

I know! The updates and comments makes everything extra special!
Love yaaaa :****

Joana Vilda wrote: "Awesome review Joanna!! I'm so with ya on all the reactions. :D Seriously, I agree, this was scary! I'm a sucker for zombies though and woooosh. Talk about scary ending!!

Thanks for the awesome b..."

(view spoiler)... that whole zombie scene where so well written that I was totally freaking out,ahaha.
Oh and that ending made me feel all fuzzy, I can't wait for the next one.
It was real fun hon and we must do it again hon ;)

Catarina Amazing review, hon!!! :D ♥ ♥
This was so awesome.
I almost threw my tablet through the window when (view spoiler).

Oh, I love this.

Joana Catarina wrote: "Amazing review, hon!!! :D ♥ ♥
This was so awesome.
I almost threw my tablet through the window when [spoilers removed].

Oh, I love this."

I know! I devoured the book and I just want to re-read the whole thing again (I'm betting over the summer, i'll re-read the whole series *sigh)!
Same reaction hon! It just broke my heart! I literally screamed to my kindle, a NOOOOOOOO! T.T

We should totally buddy read again, for the next one ;)

Catarina Definitely! This one was awesome! :D
(I keep repeating this word. I can't stop!)

Joana Catarina wrote: "Definitely! This one was awesome! :D
(I keep repeating this word. I can't stop!)"

hahaha, how I get you hon ;)

Amanda fantastic review. this series is all kind of awesome. DEX FTW!

Duchess Nicole Fantastic review, Joana! And great pics...the You. Me. Sex. Now...that's so perfect, lolol!!!

Kristalia wowowowowoowowowowwow, well done <3
love the pics and everything <3
can't wait to finish it <3

Joana Amanda wrote: "fantastic review. this series is all kind of awesome. DEX FTW!"

You're so right, it's just mind blowing how good this series is! Hell Yeah! DEX FTW!

Joana Duchess Nicole wrote: "Fantastic review, Joana! And great pics...the You. Me. Sex. Now...that's so perfect, lolol!!!"

hahahaha, it sure is appropriate for someone with Dex stamina :D Damn, and those scenes were so hot *fanning myself

Joana Kristalia (◡‿◡✿) wrote: "wowowowowoowowowowwow, well done <3
love the pics and everything <3
can't wait to finish it <3"

Oh and I can't wait for your review, I'm sure it'll be epic :P
Love Ya **

Debra Aww, fantastic review hon!!! <3 Love it and LOVE this book!!! SO happy with the ending... <3 Can't wait for our next Karina Halle Buddy Read! ;-D

Joana Debra wrote: "Aww, fantastic review hon!!! <3 Love it and LOVE this book!!! SO happy with the ending... <3 Can't wait for our next Karina Halle Buddy Read! ;-D"

AW, thank you so much my lovely Debra =) xx
I absolutely LOVE this book, it's getting harder and harder to write the reviews hon,like how to express my love for this series *sigh
Oh me too! I was feeling all fuzzy inside and grinning like a fool ^^
woohooo hon, I can't wait! I think before EIT#8, he have the 2 for the TAT series and the 2nd from Devil's metal! *YAAAY*

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤  Wonderful review Joana :))

Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* Neighbor! What an AWESOME review!!! Not to mention Dex, oh my god, he's HAWT! So glad you ladies are loving this series x

Joana Rosalinda wrote: "Neighbor! What an AWESOME review!!! Not to mention Dex, oh my god, he's HAWT! So glad you ladies are loving this series x"

Thank you so much my lovely neighbor :D
ahaha, I KNOW! HAWT and oh so DELICIOUS *sigh*
This series is just all kinds of perfect and awesomeness :) Thank you again Rosita, we are a bunch of crazy ladies for Dex and this series!

Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* Joana ♥Team Dex ♥ wrote: "Rosalinda wrote: "Neighbor! What an AWESOME review!!! Not to mention Dex, oh my god, he's HAWT! So glad you ladies are loving this series x"

Thank you so much my lovely neighbor :D
ahaha, I KNOW! ..."

I know, I am loving all your updates ladies: Kristalia, Debra, Georgia, and of course my fave neighbor! Hope Dex is worth it! ;) x

« previous 1