Confessions of a Book Whore's Reviews > Out of Breath

Out of Breath by Rebecca Donovan

Feb 25, 2013

Let me preface this by saying I did not wait a year to read this book. I only started the series in March, so although I was impatiently awaiting this release, I did not wait nearly as long as some other readers. I am definitely sad it is over. I don't think I can adequately put into words my love for this series and Rebecca Donovan's stellar writing, but here goes. What an emotional ride!!! I was nearly about to give up on this book. I had palpitations reading this one. I was nervous yet excited. My heart raced and my stomach dropped. By 12% I was disappointed and unsure of my feelings, but I kept reading knowing that Rebecca Donovan has managed to completely surprise me in the past. By 20% I was hooked. I could not put the book down. At 50% I was in a state of shock.

Emma scared the hell out of me, more so in this book than the previous two. I was terrified of the choices she made. Early on I hated what was happening to her, she was lost and utterly broken. It was unlike anything I had expected. I was sad and upset at a lot of her decisions but I understood how messed up things were for her. Emma was screwed up from the first two books but in this book Emma took it to a whole different level. I feared for her and didn't know what to expect, every decision she made had me on the edge of my seat. I seriously had anxiety throughout most of this book and I most certainly was holding my breath!

What about Evan, you ask? Well, he's still one of the most incredible book boyfriends EVER! I was in a panic when things progressed in this book and he was no where to be found. I was anxious, to say the least, but boy oh boy was his return worth every nail biting moment! I don't want to give away too much so that's all I will say about Evan. I just wanted to hug them both and make things better, you will go through emotional hell reading this one but it will be worth it, I promise.

I devoured the last few chapters. This book is emotional, raw and gritty. I loved it, but it was a completely bittersweet feeling knowing this was the final book of the series. I was satisfied with the ending...but, I wouldn't be opposed to a continuation of this story in the future...hey, a girl can dream ;-)

This is a must read and if you have yet to check out the series...what are you waiting for? All three books are out, ready and waiting for you.

Go.

Read.

Now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Out of Breath.

February 25, 2013 – Shelved