Dia's Reviews > Silver Phoenix

Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon

Apr 30, 2009

Read in May, 2009

** spoiler alert ** Fabulous! Right up my alley: lots of monsters (fav was the one made entirely of corpses, ewww), mayhem, mystery, romance (even though Chen Yong needs to hurry up and get his a** with the program). Great descriptions. Very imaginative. Plenty of meat left over to dig into for the sequel, yet I didn't feel unsatisfied by the ending. And Ai Ling was great, just as feisty as everyone thought (considering the time period she lived in), and I loved watching her power increase as the story went on.

I've got to admit, though, I didn't get what was so great about the vial, except that it made her angry? I don't get why she needed a vial to get angry, especially considering the Li Rong incident and the fact that her dad was being held hostage. Also, I didn't really get Silver Phoenix--why was she in love with Zhong whats-his-face? I mean...yuck. And all the food description was really annoying, but only because it kept making me hungry. :) Don't read on an empty stomach people.

Can't wait for the sequel!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silver Phoenix.