Nichole's Reviews > Transgressions

Apr 30, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: crime-or-mystery, just-4-fun
Read in June, 2009

I must have been in one of those moods where all I wanted to read were crime novels. Perhaps it was the “thrill of the hunt” as I was able to ride along with the investigators or it was the ability to feel the tension and some of the fear of those victimized; either way, they are a bit thrilling for me to read, more so than I originally thought would be.

Do you ever get the feeling that you are being watched? Do you ever look over your shoulder (even though you just looked over your shoulder) just to be sure no one is there? This is the basis for this crime novel. A novel translator is completing a new novel (well, the translation into English of a new novel) and although she finds the subject matter of the novel horrid, she completes it rather quickly. After which, she feels uncomfortable in previously very comfortable places. Was it just the novel wearing on her or was someone following her? And, if it wasn’t a figment of her imagination, then who was it and what did they want?

Ooooo… I can feel my heart beating faster just by thinking about it (and I know how it ends). This one kept me guessing through most of the book (I say most because you actually find out mid-way through and not right at the end), but I wouldn’t recommend it to the faint of heart…it is a real dewsey.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Transgressions.