Jenea's Reviews > Timespell

Timespell by Diana Paz

First off, I have to say this has one beautiful cover, and a premise that catches your attention. Two best friends that seem to be so very different having to find the third one needed to keep the powers that have been handed down from their ancestors. Definitely sounds like it would be a fun and interesting read.

From the beginning, we meet Julia and Angie, they are best friends. The thing is, they couldn’t have been more different. Julia is one those girls who is blunt and sarcastic, my kinda girl. Angie is quiet and much more conservative. Their personalities even each other out. Insert the snotty, better-than-everybody Kaitlyn and you have one trio of the most unconventional set of ally’s. There is history between Angie and Kaitlyn and of course it involves a boy. When does it not?.?. Their past is something that they will have to leave there if they want to keep the powers and carry on their family heritage. All in all, they each have qualities that are likable and some that are not, I mean they are teenage girls. Hormonal and totally different, but I found that they were easy to relate to and I enjoyed each for their own very own uniqueness’.

There are a few secondary character that were part of the bigger picture than I thought they would be at the beginning. Indira was their magic mentor, and a guide to help along to their destiny. She turns out to be a lot more, and not in a good way. Ethan is their Guardian of Time, and he suppose help them on their path and keep them safe. Their is a story between one the Daughters and Ethan and it was beautiful, and all consuming, it left me breathless and heart broken at the same time.

The world building was one that I thought was done very well, with a pacing that was just right to keep my interest till the very end. I am a huge fan of mythology, so the blend of mythology and the history was intriguing to me. These young girls have a rough road ahead. They are the Daughter of the Fates. There is action, creatures that scary, magic, and time travel. The setting in history was beautifully described and easy to visualize. Of course you have villain in all this, and boy Indira certainly turned out be one the worst. When power and control is all that consumes you, it is a scary thing.

Nightspell is a amazingly compelling story of three young girls set to save history from changing everything. One with a magical world that was gorgeous, yet mysterious. It is a perfect blend of romance, mythology and historical fiction all in one, and one that I would highly recommend reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Timespell.

February 23, 2013 – Started Reading