Michael's Reviews > Until It's Over

2065514
Apr 29, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: mystery, read-in-2009, reviewed
Recommended to Michael by: Saw at library shelf and recognized the author's name.
Recommended for: Would not recommend.

It seemed like I was reading about a situation that would be the next TV series from the producers of Desperate Housewives. This novel comes from the husband and wife writing team of Nicci Gerrard and Sean French.

Astrid Bell is a bike messenger in London. Although she bikes throughout the streets of London it's when she's almost home that a neighbor coming home from shopping opens her car door without looking and causes Astrid to crash into the door, injuring Astrid and her bike.

The woman offers to pay for the bike and Astrid's 6 roomates offer various degrees of comfort. However later that night, the woman is beaten and killed. Astrid gives her statement to the police and thinks nothing more of it but when she goes back to work later in the week, she is asked to collect a package at a wealthy woman's residence and finds another body. The police see the only connection between the two women as Astrid and question her again and again.

Astrids roomates console her and debate as to who they think the killers might be. We find that the roomates have backgrounds of their own that are questionable and they are having romantic flings that could be the next episode of Desperate Housewives.

Later in the story the point of view changes and we learn different things but it was a bit mixed up and I was wishing that I had written down the roomates names on a scorecard to keep them straight.

Easy reading but found it hard to finish.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Until It's Over.

April 29, 2009 – Shelved