Rose's Reviews > Ember

Ember by Jessica Sorensen

WARNING: an annoying amount of use of the word "ridiculous".

Great concept, awful execution. The result: ridiculous characters, ridiculous plot (with plot holes and all), ridiculous execution of a great concept, ridiculous romance, ridiculous EVERYTHING.

This book didn't make me angry and hate it with a fiery passion but it annoyed me. I do have to say that it entertained me with its ridiculousness for a while but there's only so much of it you can laugh about until it annoys you.

Ridiculous. The only thing I can say about Ember. I already had things planned I wanted to mention and discuss in my review but I just don't feel like putting effort into writing a coherent review for a book that annoyed me as much as this one did.

I'm like the only person in a sea of 4 and 5 star ratings to rate this book 1 star, so there's that. Maybe everything about this book wasn't as ridiculous for other people as it was for me.

(After using the word "ridiculous" so many times in this review uncoherent little rambling of mine I feel like I don't know how to write it anymore, ha.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ember.

February 22, 2013 – Shelved
May 4, 2013 – Started Reading
May 4, 2013 –
10.0% "There are a lot of similarities between Ember and her best friend Raven's family life. I just can't believe in that many coincidences, so I think (and hope) that there might be coming an (paranormal) explanation."
May 5, 2013 –
22.0% "I really can't take this story and the paranormal element in it serious."
May 5, 2013 –
37.0% "So far this book is ridiculousness at its finest. But it's entertaining enough for me to read on."
May 5, 2013 –
70.0% "Can't wait to finish this and start something else. Hopefully my next read will be better and less ridiculous."
May 6, 2013 – Shelved as: disappointment
May 6, 2013 – Shelved as: read-in-english
May 6, 2013 –
100.0% "Finished it. Finally!"
May 6, 2013 – Shelved as: cheese
May 6, 2013 – Shelved as: self-published
May 6, 2013 – Shelved as: series
May 6, 2013 – Shelved as: young-adult
May 6, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

AnHeC the Paperback Obliterator Wow, ok, I'll stay away from that one (was curious and almost picked it up). Thanks for an hones warning!

message 2: by Rose (new) - rated it 1 star

Rose The only reason I even read this was because it was a freebie on amazon. It sucked but at least I didn't pay money for it. You won't miss anything great if you don't read this. ;)