I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)'s Reviews > Color Her Red

Color Her Red by Crystal L. Shaw

COLOR HER RED is the first book by new author Crystal L. Shaw. I really liked the general basis of the book – I am a sucker for any storyline with a powerful and wealthy hero, then tack on the fact that he is a reformed playboy and I will snatch it up in a heartbeat!

Emma and Thomas have been married for about a year when rumors begin to fly all over the media about Thomas’ supposed infidelity. Emma, understandably, is an emotional wreck and isn’t quite sure what to believe. While dealing with the fallout and emotional aspects of the alleged infidelity, Emma finds herself in a terrifying predicament, as she becomes the target of one of Thomas’ mentally unstable former ex-girlfriends. Yikes!

From the beginning, I was captured by the charming characters and the mystery surrounding them – I was anxiously rubbing my hands together in anticipation – excited about what would happen next. I kept waiting for some sort of twist or pivotal moment in the story that never really came to fruition. I had plenty of suspicions about how the story might wrap up, but I was very surprised to find that there was no twists or surprises at all. In my opinion, COLOR HER RED would benefit greatly if the author added something unexpected that would yank the reader out of the blissfully perfect world in which the characters live and shake them up a bit.

There was also a bit of a disconnect for me as a reader with the “other” woman, Lillian’s role in the story – there were things about her activities that just didn’t jive for me. (view spoiler)

I would like to see the plot in COLOR HER RED to be expanded a bit to include a few jaw-dropping moments. I also think the characters could use some more development and tension. As the story stands, it was a 2 star read for me – if the author were to revamp the book, I would definitely take another look because I think Ms. Shaw has a story that is worth telling, it just needs a little work.

✳✳ Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.

**Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews

______________________________________________________________________

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic Lending Group

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Color Her Red.

message 1: by Crystal (new) - added it

Crystal Shaw Thank you for your feedback! I have just finished the skeleton for the "sequel" and I'm actually thinking it might make the book better to add on to the first novel, which might give you that twist you were looking for. I don't want to say what it is here because I don't know how to do the spoiler hide thing like you did in your post.

I'm going to keep writing and listen for more feedback before I make any solid decisions but I really really appreciate your feedback and advice! Thank you!

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Crystal! Thank you so much for your comment :-) If you decide to change things up a bit, please let me know and I will give it a second look!

I think you are on to something with the story!

message 3: by Crystal (new) - added it

Crystal Shaw I will absolutely keep you in the loop :) Can I message you with my idea? I feel like it's a huge risk to take and I'd appreciate your opinion.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Crystal wrote: "I will absolutely keep you in the loop :) Can I message you with my idea? I feel like it's a huge risk to take and I'd appreciate your opinion."

Of course - you have my email addy, you can use it anytime :-)

message 5: by Zeeeee (new)

Zeeeee What happened has the sequel been published..... I really want to read it!!! Zeeeeee

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) You know, I am not sure. I don't see it on any of the etailers.

message 7: by Zeeeee (new)

Zeeeee Interesting!! Did she send you the draft to comment on.....