Charlotte Lynn's Reviews > Falling in Love

Falling in Love by Stephen Bradlee

Falling in love is based on a true story of a young girls battle with addiction.

After being abandoned by her mother, left to live with her uncaring aunt and abuser uncle , Sherry Johnson starts searching for love. That search got her kicked out of college and cost her many good relationships.
Eventually Sherry moves to New York City and joins a support group. With the help of this group her confidence grows, she makes friends who like her for who she is and fights her addictions. She even starts playing soccer again.

I saw the cover to this novel and knew that I had to read this. Sex addiction is not something I am familiar with, but I truly enjoyed the story. Once I started reading I could not stop. It was very difficult not to immediately feel sorry for the life Sherry was dealt. Sherry had a rough childhood and was given no love, ever, in her life.

This is not a story of sex, actually there was very little actual sex in the story. This is a story of a girl living through her addiction of her strength and her ability to find herself and move past her history. This book opened my eyes to the struggles an addict goes through and how very important the support they receive is to their sobriety. This is a true 5 star novel.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling in Love.