Douglas Meeks's Reviews > Better Off Dead in Deadwood

Better Off Dead in Deadwood by Ann Charles

Feb 19, 2013

For anyone that reads my reviews I usually try to give enough info to get you interested but in this case this whole series is an example in how to write paranormal books that appeal to a wide cross section of the reading public. Every book has been 5 Star and this one is no exception BUT the trick here is that she has inserted a bit more paranormal into each book (it is barely paranormal most of book #1) until this book is pretty close to a "normal" level of paranormal. Great writing, great humor, serious life threatening plots/situations and some normal problems. Add in several characters you can hate in addition to the REALLY evil guys and it is a formula that can't miss. Start with book #1 and keep going, you will get hooked, there are only 4 of them so far and all top notch entertainment. I HATE her bratty kids but I guess that is a problem most single Moms face when they have to devote a huge amount of time to keeping food on the table and trying to have a love life. Get these books, you will thank me :)

Nearly Departed in Deadwood
Optical Delusions in Deadwood
Dead Case in Deadwood
Better Off Dead In Deadwood

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Better Off Dead in Deadwood.

02/27 marked as: read