Saly's Reviews > Midnight Alias

Midnight Alias by Elle Kennedy

3192922

bookshelves: cops-law-enforcement-security, read-in-2013, romantic-suspense, single-titles

I so wanted this to be Trev and Isabel's book but they do put in an appearance. The hero is a former NAVY SEAL and from New Orleans and really smooth with the ladies. The new job their team (Jim Morgan), is to rescue a possibly exposed DEA agent and that involves keeping an eye on a strip club. The heroine is a stripper there but she is also a student who is trying to take care of her mother recovering from cancer. Her mothers's mounting bills forced her to take this job a year ago and then her life changed six months back when a man attacked her and she killed him in self defense. While she was recuperating her boss stepped in against her will and now she is beholden to him, he is her so called boyfriend and is pushing her to become intimate, something which she has managed to put off somehow.

I liked the hero more than the heroine, he was charming while the heroine seemed stupid and reckless to me sometimes, like how she wouldn't skip town when the hero asked her to even if that could expose her mother to danger. And it felt weird, the hero/heroine getting together when the heroine's mom was in residence. But still I enjoyed the book for the most part.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight Alias.

Started Reading