Jill's Reviews > Jason & Cadence

Jason & Cadence by R.E. Butler

liked it

I was very excited to read this book, I have a fascination with wolves and shifters so it seemed like this would be the book for me.
I liked the characters, Candace had had it rough for a long time and I loved her determination to just get on with it. She was feisty and I cannot resist a feisty female. Jason, I liked as well. If we didn't have his point of view, then you would just think he was a jerk, but we do, so I could feel sorry for him and his impossible situation.
The tension between this couple was awesome and I was hanging on for every meeting and confrontation with them. I will also add that when this couple got down to the business, the sex was steamy and satisfying, just what you would expect from a paranormal romance.

The problem with this book, for me, was that even after everything was wrapped up and the problems solved, the couple reunited and the bad guy eliminated this book kept going. I thought that maybe we were going to get another issue pop up, but it just sort of waffled on until the end. To me there was an extra 30% of this book that we just did not need.
I hate saying things like that because obviously the writer has their reasons but from that point on in the book, my interest waned.
That is the reason for my 3 star rating. It would have been a lot higher if not for that.
I will still try and read more books in this series, because I believe it has promise and first books are always the hardest, because of all the world building and getting the feel for everything etc. Still, it was a solid paranormal romance, 3 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jason & Cadence.

February 19, 2013 – Started Reading
February 19, 2013 – Shelved
February 19, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Chandra (new)

Chandra trying to decide whether or not to purchase. Give me a hint as to the SEXUAL EXPLICITNESS