Rachel's Reviews > Hopeless

Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

Feb 18, 2013

bookshelves: favorites, to-re-read, ugly-cry

10 million beautiful stars to this beautiful book. There are no words. I think this book just broke me. I have been shredded by this story and don't think I will ever be the same. I laughed. I cried. I sobbed. I hurt. I smiled. This book is a work of art-- no wonder it has one of the highest ratings I've ever seen. Anyone who hasn't read this book is missing out on a miracle. Seriously, this book was so powerful I almost couldn't take it at times. I've never experience anything like it. I wish I could express all of my emotions in words to let you understand what this book is, but I can't. All I can do is tell you to read it and hope you understand when I say this book is like nothing else you could ever experience.

Dean Holder fan girl for life.

Excuse me, but now I need to cruel up and cry for a few forevers and thank god that Colleen Hoover wrote this book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hopeless.

Quotes Rachel Liked

Colleen Hoover
“The way his voice wraps around my name makes me wish the only word in his entire vocabulary was 'Sky'.”

Colleen Hoover
“I want you to keep them open...because I need you to watch me give you the very last piece of my heart.”

Colleen Hoover
“The sky is always beautiful.Even when it's dark or rainy or cloudy,it's still beautiful to look at....it'll be there no matter what...and I know it'll always be beautiful.”

Colleen Hoover
“You wanted to lick my face the first time you saw me? Is that usually what you do when you’re attracted to guys?”

I shake my head. “Not your face, your dimple. And no. You’re the only guy I’ve ever had the urge to lick.”

He smiles at me confidently. “Good. Because you’re the only girl I’ve ever had the urge to love.”

Colleen Hoover
“Breckin shrugs. “I’m new here. And if you haven’t deducted from my impeccable fashion sense, I think it’s safe to say that I’m…” he leans forward and cups his hand to his mouth in secrecy. “Mormon,” he whispers.”

Colleen Hoover
“You don't deserve words, Sky. You deserve actions.”

Colleen Hoover
“I live you, Sky," he says against my lips. "I live you so much.”

Colleen Hoover
“Sky, if you’re wondering if I have commitment issues, the answer is no. Someday in the far, far, far away future…like post-college future…when I propose to you…which I will be doing one day because you aren’t getting rid of me…I won’t be marrying you with the hope that our marriage will work out. When you become mine, it’ll be a forever thing. I’ve told you before that the only thing that matters to me with you are the forevers, and I mean that.”

Colleen Hoover
“F#%k all the firsts, Sky. The only thing that matters to me with you are the forevers.”

Colleen Hoover
“Sky, you are beautiful. You are possibly the most exquisite creature in the universe and if anyone tells you otherwise, I’ll cut a bitch.”

Colleen Hoover
“I’ve been looking for you my whole damn life.”

Colleen Hoover
“This isn’t me saying yes, Holder. This is me saying please.”

Colleen Hoover
“I laugh and rush to him, throwing my arms around his neck. “You’re the best, most understanding boyfriend in the whole wide world.”
He sighs and returns my hug. “No, I’m not,” he says, pressing his lips to the side of my head. “I’m the most whipped boyfriend in the whole wide world.”

Colleen Hoover
“I swear I will spend every last breath thanking you for allowing yourself to love me.”

Colleen Hoover
“I need a chapter break.”

Colleen Hoover
“It’s what happens when two people become one: they no longer only share love. They also share all of the pain, heartache, sorrow, and grief.”

Colleen Hoover
“The first time you kissed me?" I say. "That moment when your lips touched mine? You stole a piece of my heart that night”

Colleen Hoover
“Just because you blocked the memory of me out of your mind doesn't mean you blocked the memory of me out of your heart”

Colleen Hoover
“That's all I need," I say. "Well...I need the lamp. And the astray. And the remote control. And the paddleball game. And you, Dean Holder. But that's all I need”

Colleen Hoover
“Your heart is so beautiful and someday someone is going to love that heart like it deserves to be loved.”

Colleen Hoover
“And it's not what you just said that i am thanking you for, Holder. I need to thank you for everything. Thank you for giving me the courage to always ask the questions, even when I didn't want the answers. Thank you for loving me like you love me. Thank you for showing me that we don't always have to be strong to be there for each other-- that it's okay to be weak, so long as we're there. And thank you for finally finding me after all these years.”

Colleen Hoover
“You’re attracted to me?” “Oh, God,” I groan. “That’s the last thing you need for your ego.” “That’s probably true,” he laughs. “Better hurry up and insult me before my ego gets as big as yours.” “You need a hair cut,” I blurt out. “Really bad. It gets in your eyes and you squint and you’re constantly moving it out of the way like you’re Justin Bieber and it’s really distracting.”

Colleen Hoover
“I’m just a brother who loved his sister more than life itself.”

Colleen Hoover
“He flashes me his dimple-laden grin, and I faint.
No… literally. I fainted.”

Colleen Hoover
“His dream is to one day be a famous Broadway star, but he says he lacks the ability to sing or act, so he’s scaling down his dream and applying to business school, instead.”

Colleen Hoover
“I wanted to cry because I needed you there with me so bad. I knew in that moment that I was in love with you. I was in love with the way you loved me. When you wrapped your arms around me and held me, I knew that no matter what happened with my life, you were my home. You stole the biggest piece of my heart that night.”

Colleen Hoover
“Should it matter what genre it is if the book is good?”

Colleen Hoover
“I can't help but watch his lips as they cover the opening of the bottle that my lips were just touching.
We're practically kissing.”

Colleen Hoover
“Sky passed out on the road today," Karen says, changing the subject. "Some adorable man-boy carried her inside." I laugh.
"Guy, Mom. Please just say guy.”

“I Love you, Hope”

February 18, 2013 – Started Reading
February 18, 2013 – Shelved
February 18, 2013 –
29.0% "This is poor timing, me falling in live with this book around midnight on a school night... But school (and regular life of that matter) can wait because Dean Holder is in Sky's bed *stereotypical fan girl shriek*"
February 19, 2013 – Shelved as: favorites