Stacia (the 2010 club)'s Reviews > Bone Crossed

Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs

liked it
bookshelves: adult, shifters-or-weres, urban-fantasy

I feel like if I tried to explain what I do and don't like about these books, it's not going to make any sense.

My mind wanders. Even during the "exciting" parts.

I don't know. I wish I did. It must be a personal style thing because I do read "non-fluffy" books and "not the usual genre standard" books.

My mind wanders. Even right after I finish a chapter which held my interest, my mind wanders when things lull out for a minute.

The series is good enough, but not grabbing me. I'll possibly try book 5 after a break (how many months did I put between 3 and 4? I don't even know, but it was a lot).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bone Crossed.

February 18, 2013 – Shelved
Started Reading
March 12, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)

Jodie Louise I'm reading the first one and having the same issue!

message 2: by G. (new) - rated it 4 stars

G. There's nothing wrong with not enjoying it as much as other people do. You don't even have to look for a reason why. You're not obliged to. I like these books quite a bit, but, to be honest, I find it strange that you would read book 5 when you're not into them. If it's not grabbing you, then try something else. Don't waste your reading time. It's precious :)

Stacia (the 2010 club) It's like I have to unlock the mystery of why I struggle. I don't dislike the books or I definitely would have quit by now. I'm just hanging out in the okay category.

message 4: by G. (new) - rated it 4 stars

G. OK, I get that. Not knowing why you struggle with a certain book or books can definitely be incentive enough to continue reading. I think all of us have been there. This is where I admit that I just picked up Gone Girl again. :)

Stacia (the 2010 club) It's very strange. Only certain authors make me keep reading, even when I'm not sure if I should. Most of the time these days, I won't even bother with book 2 of a series if I wasn't into the first book.

But it usually always comes down to me having to crack the case, like if I can find a connection, it will magically unlock the secrets of the author to me.

Stacia (the 2010 club) Then again, I attempted another Kristen Ashley book again (although I did DNF it) after swearing that ship had sailed.

Who knows why I went there...

message 7: by G. (new) - rated it 4 stars

G. Oh God, KA. Shudder. I tried reading several of her books. I don't think I finished any of them. I'm trying to understand why she's such a popular writer, but I fail. Every single time.

To be honest, I think I should stop thinking of it as "failure". On my part, at least. I'm not evolved enough not to call a book a failure if I think it's tripe...

Sobia i think I had similar issues with this series... I made it through book 5, and iirc I'm pretty sure i enjoyed it, but I haven't been able to pick up anything past it. And now every time I see another Mercy book published, I get mad it's not an Alpha and Omega one instead.

Stacia (the 2010 club) So you like A&O better? I have friends who are fans of Mercy but not A&O. That's kind of interesting.

message 10: by G. (new) - rated it 4 stars

G. Hm, I've heard this, too... I think I'll need to reread A&O. I don't think I gave it proper attention, because I was too invested in the Mercy books. But Charles is yum. That I remember well.

Sobia I love the A&O series!

But then, I read and fell in love with Cry Wolf before I ever read any of the Mercy books. I really only picked up the first one (and possibly the second one) to kill time before Hunting Ground was published.

And yeah, Charles was all kinds of awesome :)

message 12: by G. (new) - rated it 4 stars

G. Jeez, "Fair Game" came out in 2012, book four can be expected in 2015...? Yeah, I'll need to re-read this series just to refresh my memory. I'm getting old here.

message 13: by mich (new) - rated it 4 stars

mich The series is good enough, but not grabbing me.

That is EXACTLY how I feel :) I've only read up until this book, and I remember the only reason I liked it so much was because I had really liked Stefan. But honestly, I find Mercy herself to be kinda dull. There's nothing about her that annoys me or anything, but there's nothing particularly awesome about her either (to me). Every time I see a new book come out in this series, I feel like I should try to get back into it, but then I just don't.

Stacia (the 2010 club) Stefan was my favorite character too. I like that Mercy isn't a stereotypical female character, but I haven't attached to her story.

Annie Totally feel the same! I think the Kate Daniels series attracted me more.

Stacia (the 2010 club) I feel like I have to keep going since I've made it this far, but I can't find the motivation.

I should give Kate Daniels another shot.