Kristalia 's Reviews > Come Alive

Come Alive by Karina Halle

Final rating: 5/5 stars

"You are my world. And all I’ve ever wanted is for me to be yours."

This one deserves 5 pure stars from me! Not only it was awesome , but it was fantastic as always . What i really loved it that in this book, it was finally happening what we all wanted from the start: Dex and Perry in relationship! And yes, it was hot, funny, heartbreaking and fabulous . I love both Dex and Perry and i seriously don't know what i will do when this series gets completed. Wait, i know! I will reread them again! That is how awesome they truly are.

“I’ll be the moon when the sun goes down,” I sang to her and only her, “just to let you know that I’ll be around.”

This time Karina Halle delivered extremely serious explanations about world and characters and we find more about the consequences of certain events. And it's not a pretty thing. But what she told us is that love can beat it all , if you find a person who loves you truly. I know it sounds weird, but i grew up in a family where there is true love, and my parents are the best functional couple that i have ever seen. Which is why i am saying this: love is truly a wonderful thing. And it was about time Dex and Perry realized that.

'"Don't let other people tell you how well you know someone," she added. "Don't let other people, no matter who they are, decide what happens to your life and hers. You will live a lifetime of regret if you let others influence your decisions. Believe me."'

STORY :
___________________________________________

Soooooooo, what do we have here?

Functional relationship between Perry and Dex? ☑

Another creepy scary EIT book? ☑

Ghost in the mirror? ☑

Voodoo? ☑

Zombies? ☑

Haunted house? ☑

Extreme excitement? ☑

The sound of your heart breaking? ☑

Thrilling continuation? ☑

Dex's awesomeness? ☑

Do want? ☑

WHAT THIS BOOK IS REALLY ABOUT:

You know, a little dark, a little gloomy. And, as always, hey, full of dead people.

- Hades from Hercules (1997) -

CONCLUSION:

#HOLLY SHIT

CHARACTERS :
___________________________________________

Dex is the narrator this time, and it was so fitting for this sequel. Dex finally won Perry back, and he is not letting her go. No matter what. He found out that she is the only person who loves him for being him and for understanding him when no one else did and he cannot let that go. And now, he tries to make it the best he can for Perry, and for himself.

Together. It should have made me feel better not to have to go alone. But all I wanted was for both of us to live. With each other. Until we were old and grey.

***

I realized it didn’t mean anything without Perry by my side. She was my reason for living. She was the reason I’d come alive in the first place.

Perry, of course, is fantastic character as always, kickass, wonderful and fabulous, with such a courage. I loved that she didn't stop being herself. But it takes time for her to recover from all they had been through, and now it makes it difficult for her say what Dex needs the most: "i love you".

"You are my future, you are my everything!

Maximus is the new addition to EIT team, but that doesn't mean Dex and Perry like it. They would rather kick his ass then allow him to be with them, but they have no other choice if they want EIT to continue running. I have to say that i actually pitied and liked the bastard in some parts, but that doesn't make difference, because he, after all, made irreparable damage to both of them. And Dex and Perry cannot easily forgive him for all he had put them through. Other than that, i am glad that my hunch about him was right and that in the end was who i thought he was, and it made me happy. Since now i finally understand him.

The new characters were interesting, but not really of matter, but with all voodoo around and mysterious zombies rising to surface, i doubted everyone.

And Jennifer:

#ARRIVEDERCI

My favorite part:

“Fine, you leave me no choice,” I said to no one in particular. I moved into the aisle seat and kept going. I plunked myself down right on the giant ginger’s lap.
“The hell are you doing?” he yelled, trying to get me off of him, but I just pressed myself down into him harder, one leg wedged against the seat in front of me, the other pushing off the aisle seat arm rest.
The passengers in the aisle shot us uncomfortable looks, as if Maximus and I were involved in some lazy, clothed version of the mile high club.
“Dex, get the hell off me,” Maximus grunted in my ear.
“Oh yeah, you like that don’t you, baby,” I said with a grin. I knew his Southern sensibilities were being tested; poor guy couldn’t handle anything even remotely homoerotic.

Oh Dex.... ^_^
___________________________________________

OVERALL :
___________________________________________

Fantastic sequel with wonderful ending (for change) and i loved all everything about it. The mystery, the horror and most of all - love between Dex and Perry. They deserved it, but Karina Halle apparently doesn't plan to give them a little break. :)

But Dex and Perry won't give up that easily.

#BRING IT ON.

BUDDY READ DETAILS: :
___________________________________________

Buddy read with all friends who love Dex as much as i do (click the names for their reviews!) :P

This group was the original group i had buddy read with (i love you people!!!!!!):

Georgia VildaDebraJoanaDestini

But lets not forget all my friends who read it in the same time too :D
Fathima Catarina Ana RitaDuchess NicoleShreyaAshleigh keighley☆Sammy☆
(wow that was a gigantic buddy read O_O)

Love ya all!

____________________________________________

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●
____________________________________________

MY EXPERIMENT IN TERROR REVIEWS:

Darkhouse (Experiment in Terror, #1)
Red Fox (Experiment in Terror, #2)
The Benson (Experiment in Terror, #2.5)
Dead Sky Morning (Experiment in Terror, #3)
Lying Season (Experiment in Terror, #4)
On Demon Wings (Experiment in Terror, #5)
Old Blood (Experiment in Terror, #5.5)
The Dex-Files (Experiment in Terror, #5.7)
Into the Hollow (Experiment in Terror, #6)
And With Madness Comes the Light (Experiment in Terror, #6.5)
Come Alive (Experiment in Terror, #7)
Ashes to Ashes (Experiment in Terror, #8)
Dust to Dust (Experiment in Terror, #9)

This review can be found on my blog: infinity-of-time.blogspot.com also known as...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Come Alive.

February 18, 2013 – Shelved
March 10, 2013 – Shelved as: age-new-adult
June 10, 2013 – Shelved as: buddy-reads
June 23, 2013 – Started Reading
June 23, 2013 –
0.0% "I HAZ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to my precious person that i love the most <3 (identity is secret, unless the person wants to say :) ) Anyway i love you!\n \n And i love Dex, and i am so excited <3\n "
June 23, 2013 –
20.0% "I hate it that i am falling behind because of my exam, but i am somehow catching up <3\n I am waiting for the scary parts to kick in :)\n \n Also, take that Jenn!\n "
June 24, 2013 –
25.0% "What's the deal with 3AM. in the morning O_O???? It's the fourth time it was mentioned ... how interesting...\n "
June 24, 2013 –
41.0% "I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT MAX, I KNEW IT :D\n \n Although he is still [insert Dex flavored insults here] SOB."
June 24, 2013 –
62.0% "The famous ch.13 ended.And i am not surprised,cause when you think about it it's pretty much clear when you connect the dots. Other than that...\n \n and p.s. i still wanna strangle Max\n "
June 24, 2013 –
71.0% "Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaay, Dex whyyyyyyy did you do it whyyyyyyyyy!!!!!???\n \n Other than that, it's scary O_O Because that freaking certain someone as ghost is making my skin crawl.\n "
June 24, 2013 –
83.0% " She was my reason for living \n "
June 25, 2013 –
100.0% "THAT PERFECT ENDING!!!!!!! \n AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!\n OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD~~~~~~~\n it was MIND BLOWING!\n \n \n review to come soon ^_^"
June 25, 2013 – Shelved as: favorites
June 25, 2013 – Shelved as: made-me-smile-or-laugh
June 25, 2013 – Shelved as: they-are-so-cute-its-unbearable
June 25, 2013 – Shelved as: they-are-so-awesome-hot-and-stuff
June 25, 2013 – Finished Reading

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ LOL!

Am I included??? :P

Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* No questions about Dex hahha x

Kristalia of course :P :D ;D :D :D :D :D :D

Kristalia Rosalinda wrote: "No questions about Dex hahha x"

ahahahahah :P

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Kristalia wrote: "of course :P :D ;D :D :D :D :D :D
how could you not be included :D i just need to make a list of potential Dex victims :D ;P"

ready to die an awesome death!!! LOL!

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO RESIST?!?!?!?!

Joana OMFG Kris!!!! *fangirling*
That pic of Dex is AWESOME!!! (so stealing it,ehehe).
I can't wait for more Dex and of course, another epic buddy read.
Love ya girl :D

Kristalia you arent supposed to resist :P

Kristalia Joana wrote: "OMFG Kris!!!! *fangirling*
That pic of Dex is AWESOME!!! (so stealing it,ehehe).
I can't wait for more Dex and of course, another epic buddy read.
Love ya girl :D"

Hahaha i found it on tumblr (sadly it's not mine T_T)
:)))))))) yay ♥♥

Kristalia hahahahah sure am :D

♥ Becky  22 Love the pic of Dex!!! =D Did you see the one Karina Halle posted on her twitter a couple of days ago? http://www.unique.dk/CropUp/580x-M/me... Love that one too! :)

Kristalia Wow :D that one is in great need of being photo-manipulated :P

Joana whoa, love that PIC...i need to work in it *grin

message 13: by Kristalia (last edited Jun 10, 2013 10:55AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristalia hAHAHAH, hon, do you want to compete ;) (which one will make the better one? :D) i think it would be fun :)
(i just need some time first :) )
And then we let people vote mwahahaha :D

Joana Kristalia wrote: "hAHAHAH, hon, do you want to compete ;) (which one will make the better one? :D) i think it would be fun :)
(i just need some time first :) )
And then we let people vote mwahahaha :D"

*suddenly hears Eye of The Tiger
ahahaha, you're ON hon :) Although i know I'm so going to lose because you have some mad skills ;)
But well, it only means mores pics for us to be all pervy about *grin
The things Dex do to us :D

Kristalia Hahahahah me too :D thats what crossed my mind while writing that :D

who knows, maybe you win, yours are awesome too :D
(TIME, I NEED TIMEEEEEEEEEE)
No upload until we both make them :D (we can arrange our business in pm :D)

mwahahahahah yeah, he is so evil to us, mortal fangirls :D

Joana Kristalia wrote: "Hahahahah me too :D thats what crossed my mind while writing that :D

who knows, maybe you win, yours are awesome too :D
(TIME, I NEED TIMEEEEEEEEEE)
No upload until we both make them :D (we can ar..."

haha, great minds :D
ok, i made mine (and used a quote from him ^^), but well it's really simple ^^
Let me know when you made your, for us to upload together! Oh and take your time, mine is highly secure, I'm not sharing with anyone,ahaha :P

Love ya xx

Kristalia Joana ♥Team Dex ♥ wrote: "haha, great minds :D

Love ya xx "

Ok, i think i have time to do it now :P
making a break :)

Joana Kristalia wrote: "Joana ♥Team Dex ♥ wrote: "haha, great minds :D
ok, i made mine (and used a quote from him ^^), but well it's really simple ^^
Let me know when you made your, for us to upload together! Oh and take ..."

awesome :D

Ashleigh so excited less than a week away for more DEX!!!

Kristalia EXACTLY, I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!

Jamie Wittekind okay this dude looks nothing like what everyone else is posting who is this?

Kristalia Jamie wrote: "okay this dude looks nothing like what everyone else is posting who is this?"

ahaahahahaa, well, thats what Karina Halle posted that it would be good Dex, and i liked him. I have no idea who he is though

Jamie Wittekind Another post somewhere said it was the guy from criminal minds, but then I look at this picture again and it looks nothing like him...ugh oh well

Kristalia Jamie wrote: "Another post somewhere said it was the guy from criminal minds, but then I look at this picture again and it looks nothing like him...ugh oh well"
nope i watched CM and it's not him....

Jamie Wittekind HA! I KNEW IT! Well i just tweeted Karina hopefully sha can answer the question lol

Kristalia :D sure tell us what she answered :D

destini mia It's SO close!! I'm so excited... I need more Dex!! ♥

Debra YAY!!! One more day... Can't wait!!! ♥♥

Kristalia yeah, me too <33333333333

Destini wanna join our buddy read?

message 31: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah I'm so excited for you guys :D ENJOY!

Kristalia ^_^ well, you are close too ^_^
thanx <3

destini mia Kristalia (◡‿◡✿) wrote: "yeah, me too <33333333333

Destini wanna join our buddy read?"

Thanks Kristalia, I'd love to! :)

Kristalia :D
Yaaaaaaaay <3

Catarina I'm having anxiety attacks waiting for this!

destini mia Catarina wrote: "I'm having anxiety attacks waiting for this!"

LOL, I'm right there with you :)

Catarina I'm refreshing Amazon every five minutes... nothing! xD

Ashleigh its up I just got it!
put come alive karina halle in kindle store that what I did

destini mia Yessss!! I'm desperate… I want it out already! I camped out with my computer all night waiting for it to be released ;)

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Catarina wrote: "I'm refreshing Amazon every five minutes... nothing! xD"

But it's live here?! What's happening?

Catarina I got it!! :D

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Catarina wrote: "I got it!! :D"
YAY. Happy reading 'Kiddo' lol

Catarina You too! :D

Kristalia hahahhahahah lol
i just need my copy :(((

Catarina You haven't one yet?
Go get one and start the buddy read :P

Kristalia well.............................
it's complicated xD

Barbara Ann I look forward to your reviews. I have to get this book soon!

Kristalia thanx Barbara <3
yeah, hopefully it will be ASAP :D

Steph I still need to read book one. LOL.
I hope you all enjoy it :)

Kristalia what are you waiting for, hon, go gogogogogogogo go!!!

:D