Veronica Sicoe's Reviews > In the Bones

In the Bones by Renee  Miller

bookshelves: favorite-novels

Ryan Cassidy is your average nice guy, facing the prospect of inheriting millions, if he only lives in Albertsville for a whole year. Piece of cake, right? That's what he thinks, but then he meets the townspeople.

What I really loved about this book is the terrifying atmosphere and the tension, that grab you from the moment Ryan hits the town, and just keep on pushing you into a corner until the very last page. I'm also a sucker for good villains, and the "monster" of Albertsville completely exceeded my expectations. So did many of the other characters. It's amazing what some people will do out of fear, how far they're willing to go to keep a dangerous secret, and how easy it is for a charismatic psychopath to keep an entire town under his boot. Ryan practically stands no chance to survive long enough to get his inheritance, and maybe uncover some of the atrocities committed in this town, and it's not clear until the very last pages what his fate is. There's not a single moment of pause in his ordeal.

Also there's sex, violence, blackmail, fear and intimidation, and the language is not for the faint of heart. But what kind of a thriller would it be, if it didn't tackle you right in your comfort zone? You will sink your nails and teeth into this book. Definitely worth it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Bones.

February 18, 2013 – Shelved
March 4, 2013 – Started Reading
March 7, 2013 –
page 104
March 12, 2013 – Shelved as: favorite-novels
March 12, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

message 1: by Helen (last edited Mar 13, 2013 04:15AM) (new) - added it

Helen I can't wait to read this! Great review, Veronica!

Veronica Sicoe Thanks, Helen. It's a really great read!

message 3: by Guilie (new) - added it

Guilie Sounds great! Thanks for recommending it :) It's on the TBR list :D

Veronica Sicoe That's awesome, Guilie! You're gonna like it. :)

message 5: by Les (new)

Les Edgerton Thanks for the recommendation, Veronica. Going to get it now.

Veronica Sicoe Thanks, Les! It's a really fun book. :)

Debbie Johansson I'll be adding this one to my list. Thanks for the recommendation Veronica - sounds like my kind of book. :)

message 8: by Zack (new) - added it

Zack Kullis Thanks for the heads up! I'll be checking it out.

Veronica Sicoe Thanks, Debbie & Zack! You're gonna enjoy this one. :)