Nic's Reviews > To Catch A Fox

To Catch A Fox by Geoffrey Knight

bookshelves: mm, fire-police-emt-law-security, publisher-or-author-provided, zz-amazon-yes, mum

I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that this book is fantastic! The bad news is that it makes you desperately want to read the second book which isn't available yet!

This book opens like a blockbuster action movie as our hero, Jon Fox, has to outsmart a crazy women with a gun, avoid alligators and survive explosions. It sets the pace for the rest of book which is filled with mystery and murder.

Fox was the heir to his family fortune but the loss of everyone close to him had driven him to despair. His life had spiraled out of control into one of parties, drink and trouble with only his Uncle Mason to rule over the family empire and clean up the messes left by Fox. That is, until Fox resorts to doing something that even he can't live with and changes his ways. He is now working as a Private Investigator and basically up to his eyeballs in a different kind of trouble.

I liked Jon. On the exterior he is not very friendly and he is definitely tough and rough. He trades sexual favours with a wide network of contacts who provide him with information (it sure is handy being friends with a cop who like taking it over his desk while in handcuffs!) . He is about the quick and the dirty. But underneath there is something quite appealing about him.

Fox is working on a case which leads to him meeting Tucker. There is an immediate physical attraction which neither man deny however they are kept pretty busy avoiding the bad guys, whether it is dodging bullets, escaping handcuffs, fist fights, the list goes on....There is a huge amount of action and an equal amount of humour. The banter between Fox and Tucker is what really makes the book.

Shortly following an explosion..
"Are you okay?"
"What?" Tucker shouted back, trying to wring out his ear with one finger.
"I said, are you okay? Fox shouted back.
"Of course I'm gay!" Tucker yelled. "For a detective you pick the strangest times to ask the most idiotic questions."

Along with action and some very sizzling sex, there is mystery. The case involves a mysterious old lady, a unknown man and links to both Tucker's and Fox's families. There are twists and turns and surprises which keep you guessing right to the end.

The ending...arghh! So frustrating but in a good way I think. Maybe, maybe not? The ending would be easier to deal with if the second book was available now! It is not a HEA and not really even a HFN, at least in the romance stakes. The mystery is largely solved and everyone is alive and safe, at least for now. What we really get at the end is the perfect set up for the next book. We know evil and trouble is on it's way and neither Jon Fox or Tucker Wilder are safe for much longer!

I contacted one of the authors to find out when A Fox in the Hole will be released. They had hoped for later this year but it will most likely be early 2014.

Finally thanks to Wilde City Press for providing a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

I now publish all my m/m reviews on my blog so if you want to see all my m/m reviews in one place come visit at Because Two Men Are Better Than One!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Catch A Fox.

February 17, 2013 – Shelved
February 17, 2013 – Shelved as: mm
February 17, 2013 – Shelved as: fire-police-emt-law-security
July 13, 2013 – Shelved as: own-to-read-on-kindle
July 13, 2013 – Shelved as: publisher-or-author-provided
July 27, 2013 – Started Reading
July 28, 2013 –
20.0% "Feels like a blockbuster action movie - guns, explosions, alligators, murders....and some hot sex!"
July 28, 2013 –
100.0% "I need the next book NOW!"
July 29, 2013 – Shelved as: zz-amazon-yes
July 29, 2013 – Finished Reading
March 28, 2015 – Shelved as: mum

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Monique (new) - added it

Monique Nice review :)

message 2: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic Monique wrote: "Nice review :)"

Thanks Monique!

message 3: by Rebecah (new)

Rebecah This one sounds like a top of the list read! Thanks for the great review.

message 4: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic Rebecah wrote: "This one sounds like a top of the list read! Thanks for the great review."

You are very welcome - I hope you enjoy it!