KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕'s Reviews > Trouble

Trouble by Samantha Towle

Feb 17, 2013

This book doesn't hold back, some of the scenes in it are explicitly explained so your on a roller coaster of emotions which I guess is what Mia went through so it's a sneak peak into her abusive world..

We first come across Mia at the hospital being informed that he father "Oliver" as she calls him has passed away from a heart attack..

The instant she realized she was free she went a little wild, wild for Mia that is, drinking at bars, this is where she met Forbes. things moved quickly, dating morphed into Forbes becoming her boyfriend..

Her first boyfriend, Her first everything..

It seemed she'd jumped out of the fire into the frying pan when it came to Forbes, she escaped one life of hell only to land herself into another one just like it..And you can't help but feel sorry for Mia, you have to keep in mind she's led a very sheltered (abusive) life..

Mia explains why she stays with Forbes in her own words..Why do I stay? Because it's all I have ever known!!

"He beats me because he can, because I allow it, because I'm weak."

So imagine for a bit that your Mia, put yourself in her shoes, Forbes is all she has, she's got no friends, no family, no one to turn to..I couldn't imagine what that would've been like..

So she does the only thing she can think of and that's run away before he kills her, she drives for miles with a black eye and a cut on her forehead, numerous bruises marring her whole body..

She books herself in at an out of the way hotel, this is where Jordan comes into the story he's looking after the hotel..

Watch out he's going to turn into every girls new book boyfriend!!

He's lean, tall, tattooed, one covering his whole arm, dark long brown hair, surfer boy long which hangs in his eyes, with a strong jawline, everything about him screams male, he looks like sin, hot, dirty, incredible sex..

"Fuck me, Fucking, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, the hottest chick I have ever seen in my life is standing before me wanting to book a room, she's stunning and I'm completely fucken screwed!"

"Mia isn't my usual type she's so much more, when I'm around her I feel alive, I'm going to make her see what I see when I look at her..

Incredible..Strong..Beautiful..So fucking beautiful..

I loved how things slowly brewed between Mia and Jordan, they both felt the attraction from that first meeting, but Jordan knew she was damaged/broken and to tread softly with her..Even though this was dark in places it was so beautifully written..

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trouble.

February 17, 2013 – Shelved