Marie's Reviews > A Million Little Pieces

A Million Little Pieces by James Frey

Apr 25, 2009

bookshelves: non-fiction
Read in May, 2009

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was one of those books that you can pick up and just fall into within seconds. From the first sentence to the very end of the book I was riveted.
I think the reason I identified so much with it is that the character has a very similar vision of the world to mine. Don't make excuses for your actions, if you are going to do something take it upon yourself to execute it, do not put your life in the hands of a higher power in order to change the way you live. Basically take responsibility for what you do and who you are.
For anyone who wants to understand drug addiction and the hurt it can do, read this book.
For anyone who is willing to realize that not all drug addicts are hopeless causes read this book. Being able to have the insight of a former drug addict is precious. I still learned a lot from this book, even though I had spent a year on the streets with drug addicts. Some of the thoughts and feelings that people go through during withdrawal or rehab were not something that I knew about.
Beautifully, although harshly written as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Million Little Pieces.