Kelli Guilbeau's Reviews > Untimed

Untimed by Andy Gavin

I love young adult novels, especially fantasy and science fiction, thanks to my son. So, I was pretty excited that I got to do a book review for Untimed. It did not disappoint. I absolutely loved Untimed. It grabbed my attention from the beginning, and I couldn't put it down.

I loved that it had quite a bit of history in the book. I didn't check it for accuracy but I assume that it is pretty accurate. This one involved Ben Franklin. With all of the time traveling, there are endless possibilities for future books. I can't wait to read any sequels in the works.

I also love the premise that if you change one thing in the past, that it can have huge implications. People always ask others if they could change anything in their past, would they. My response has always been, "NO!" There are plenty of things that happened in my life that were hard to go through, but if I changed anything I might not be married to my husband or have my children.

When Charlie and Yvaine inadvertently change things in history, they don't understand the huge implications of their actions. They eventually realize that trying to correct history is harder that they think, also.

The book is great for getting you to learn and think. It is perfect for young adults. It will teach them history, while exploring the what ifs. It is has a little bit of everything, including romance.

With that being said, this is not a book for children due to some adult situations. I know kids think it isn't a big deal and are exposed to many situations pretty early, and maybe I am a prude but I probably wouldn't let anyone younger than 16 read this book.

I would say that this might be the perfect book for reluctant readers. I know that many of the kids (high school) that I used to teach would have loved this book. It has someone their own age that they can identify with. It is so easy to imagine everything in this book. Andy Gavin gives vivid details. It is one of those books where you can see the movie in your head. It made me dream about everything that happened in the book.

I love when I become so involved in a book that I live and breathe it. I dream about it, and it consumes me. One where I can't wait to see what happens next. Untimed did all of this for me. It will leave you waiting for the next book, like some of those other great book series.

I can't wait to see what my son thinks of this book. If you love young adult fiction, you will love this one. Go get your own copy of Untimed. This is one you will definitely want to add to your must read list.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Untimed.

Finished Reading