Rebekah's Reviews > A Brush of Darkness

A Brush of Darkness by Allison Pang

liked it

Review here for a change, cause I don't plan to review on my blog at some point.

Three stars is in no way a reflection on the actual quality of the book - but I am remembering why I don't typically read urban fantasy. It just doesn't capture my attention. I'm definitely a high-fantasy gal.

That said, I only picked up this book (and do still plan to read the whole series) because I'm more trying to get a feel for the agent who reps the author because I'm possibly going to query her with a novel of my own, and the Abby Sinclair books are the only adult books she's represented so far.

The plot of the book was sound, and I thought it had the right amount of humor for the setting and the characters. I was sympathetic for Abby once we finally found out the tragedy of her past, and the miniature unicorn was adorable and I want one now.

So, I enjoyed the book, but since it wasn't my preferred reading genre, I can't find it in myself to rate it higher than 3 stars because I will honestly never pick it up again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Brush of Darkness.