Tatiana's Reviews > Storm Born

Storm Born by Richelle Mead

Apr 24, 2009

it was ok
bookshelves: 2009, urban-fantasy
Recommended for: fans of S&M/bondage kind of smut
Read in May, 2009

I love Mead's Vampire Academy series, like Succubus books as well; naturally I expected to enjoy Storm Born too. Unfortunately, I was wrong. In fact, I couldn't believe how bad it was. Did Richelle actually write this?

First of all, the plot itself was very weak. There was no point to the story, no climax, just a few things thrown together with no purpose. Events seemed to have been made up just to fill in the space between the sex scenes. Characters were unrelatable, unlikable, acted irrationally. I finished the book not caring about anybody. Mythology which is central to any fantasy book was uninspired and boring.

This was truly the weakest of Mead's books. If I were her, I wouldn't bother to continue this series and instead concentrate on her better ones. There is absolutely no way I will be reading "Thorn Queen."

P.S. S&M much?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Storm Born.

04/24/2016 marked as: read

Sonya I agree with your review. You articulated what I tried to in my review - but I kind of rambled.

Tatiana Sonya wrote: "I agree with your review. You articulated what I tried to in my review - but I kind of rambled."

Thank you Sonya. I see you've read second book too and gave it only 2 stars. I guess the series is not getting any better...

Albie46 T, I did read the sequel and gave it a 2 again. I would say despite my hopes that the series is indeed not getting any better!

Tatiana Good to know I am not missing out or anything

Kristen "Kirby" removing from to-read list now. like the review!

message 6: by Tatiana (last edited Mar 11, 2010 05:44PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Tatiana Thanks.

Penny The whole time I was reading Storm Born, I kept thinking, 'is this really written by Richelle Mead?' I liked some elements in this book, but it was poorly executed. And, really, Eugenie isn't interesting.

Unfortunately I DID read The Thorn Queen. It is better then Storm Born, but not so great that I'll actually feel compelled to pick up the third book, whenever it comes out.

Kristen "Kirby" Tatiana wrote: "Thanks.

I read this with my book club a while ago and none of us liked it. I much prefer Mead's Succubus series - smutty, angsty urban fantasy. Have you read it?"

Not yet! But I loved, loved, love VA, so I'll be buying it soon. (:

Tatiana Well, I hope you like it. If you do, we will have lots to talk about, Seth particularly.

message 10: by Chantél (new)

Chantél Annandale I disagree, I loved it. Was upset at the end when she did not want to tell Dorian it was his Children but I loved it. Rooted for Dorian all the way.