Mommasaysread's Reviews > Second Stone

Second Stone by Kelly  Walker

After finishing Cornerstone I immediately moved on to Second Stone. I read it end to end in a day and was rather negligent in my everyday duties to do it. That’s right; I cancelled two meetings to finish it. The pace was amazing, the love story sweet and heartening, the battles fierce and the politics cut throat.

This is the hard part about the no-spoiler reviews because I really want to say so much more about the emotions that the story evoked in me but it would give away too much. This story really touches so strongly on family and loyalty in ways that no one should ever be tested.

When I turned the final page I had to really control myself and not jump on my computer and contact the author immediately to beg for a preview copy of the next installment due May of 2013.

I have already recommended Cornerstone & Second Stone to friends and family to read because the story is that good. There are so many elements that are fresh. The magic, while presence isn’t overwhelming in the story and the characters primarily make their way through the trials and travels without amazing super powers or super strength, there’s just the right amount of magic.

If you like fantasy with sweet romance do not miss out on this series. Stick out the first book it is totally worth it
What does Momma Think?

Momma gives Second Stone Souls of the Stones (Volume 2) 4 cookies!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Second Stone.

Finished Reading