I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)'s Reviews > Devoured

Devoured by Emily Snow

DEVOURED was an entertaining read with all the elements I tend to like in a romantic story - boy meets girl, offends her and reappears in her life years later - boy wants girl and girl wants boy, but she is protecting her heart from a repeat of humiliation and hurt - boy is a rockstar... Did I forget to mention that? Oh yes, he is a Rock God and is used to getting what he wants, so he devises a plan to claim her as his own. Sounds like a great read, right?

Well... yes and no. I loved it, but felt that their relationship should have progressed so much more than it did. The characters seemed to get stuck in a tug-of-war with each others heart strings and I got a little bored with their indecisive behavior. Then there is the dreaded cliff-hanger that is ever so popular these days... well, not so much a cliff-hanger as an ending with no resolution. I kind of felt like it just stopped, so I was left very unsatisfied with how things played out. I will definitely be reading the next book in the series to hopefully discover what fate has in store for these characters.

**NOTE: I was informed by another reader that there is a prequel that tells how their story began and I have heard that it is a must read that will rekindle the excitement regarding the romance surrounding this couple. The novella/story is currently FREE on Amazon (2/19/13) and is called All Over You. Enjoy!

**Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews

______________________________________________________________________

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic Lending Group
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Devoured.

Brandy I just finished reading the prequel for this, All Over You and it has completely re energized my interest in this series! Can't wait for the third one...and June is a pretty long wait.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Good to know... I wasn't entirely satisfied with how the story played out...

Brandy I ♥ Bookie Nookie wrote: "Good to know... I wasn't entirely satisfied with how the story played out..."

Completely agree. There was something missing in the interactions between the two characters in Devoured, but I think the slow build up and character development was really good in All Over You.

Hollie I agree! The prequel got me all into the story, it may have been better than book 1 and its just a little quickie ;)

Hollie Oh and just incase you didn't know, it's free on amazon!! :)

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Lol... And I picked it up in Jan and didn't make the connection :-D