Aestas Book Blog's Reviews > Twisted Perfection

Twisted Perfection by Abbi Glines

bookshelves: favorites, book-1-of-my-fav-series

“I’ll be whatever she needs me to be. I can’t walk away from her, I tried. I’m hooked.”

Each book from Abbi Glines is more addictive than the last!

I read Twisted Perfection in one sitting and was glued to the page, unable to put it down. It was hot, steamy and sometimes a little dirty *winks*, with a fast-paced plot and lovable characters. It’s a little darker than the Too Far books, but I’d still actually consider it a relatively light read.

Having lived her whole life with a mentally ill mother who, out of her personal fears, kept her inside all the time, Della finds her life unexpectedly changed when her mother dies. Three years later, she is still struggling to find herself and decides a road trip is the best answer. So she throws all caution and inhibitions to the wind and heads out. At her first rest stop, she meets Woods.. And ohhhh my do they have chemistry. She isn’t looking to stick around, but she can’t help but take up his offer of dinner… and more.

Woods has enough going on in his life. Too much. He’s being pressured from his family to marry a woman he dislikes for the ‘good of the family business’. It’s either that, or he loses his part of the business and everything he’s worked towards his whole life. The thought makes him miserable but, he wants the job desperately and so is just trying to delay the inevitable marriage.

So when he sees Della at the gas station, he sees perfection. She is exactly what he needs right now. A fun time that would drive away afterwards – no strings.

What neither of them counted on was their hearts getting attached and despite the fact that they both drive off after their night together, fate soon crosses their paths again and this time, they’re not leaving each other.

“My future was about to be thrown off track because Della Sloane was under my skin and I had to have her.”

Woods. Was. Delicious. Purely delicious!! And yummy. Very yummy. Ohhh and a bit of a dirty talker but he still called her sweetheart right from the start which was super sweet. He was protective and I loved that being around Della brought out his hothead caveman side. It was seriously swoony!

I really liked Della. She was broken in many ways but at the same time was really quite free. She may not have been experienced at relationships but she certainly wasn’t shy at going after what she wanted with Woods and I have to say it was refreshing to read her kind of character who on the one hand was like that while at the same time, really messed up inside. It was a cool mix. She had issues, but they didn’t take over every part of her life.

I don’t know a better way to describe Abbi’s books than by saying that reading them feels like watching a very well-written, addictive TV show. The scenes, they way their cut together, everything about them just makes me feel like I’m watching it happen right in front of me.

This book certainly brings on the angst in certain scenes!! Serious, serious angst. BUT! And here’s what I loved about it: the main angst (at least to me) is resolved in the first half of the book, leaving the second half to be focused quite a bit on Woods and Della sorting their relationship out, which I really enjoyed. That isn’t to say there isn’t angst in the second half, ‘cuz there is, but it’s a different kind (less nerve wracking, more focused on sorting issues out) and I appreciated the switch up.

“You are mine. Do you hear me? You are mine, Della Sloane. I will take care of you. Nothing is taking you away from me. Nothing.”

There is a bit of a love “square” going on for part of the book, but it was clear that Woods was never in love with the girl he was supposed to marry, it was more a question of him falling in love for the first time in his life and being put in position of having to choose “head or heart”? And while Della also connected with another guy she met on her road trip, her heart really always belonged to Woods.

That being said, their road to getting together was a fair bit bumpy, but, honestly, it wouldn’t have been nearly as much fun if the ride had been smooth, lol.

Della goes through some pretty hard issues in the book and I loved how supportive Woods was of everything. They were just a wonderful couple together.

And speaking them as a couple, this book was full of panty-ripping hotness. For real. As I mentioned, Woods has a bit of a dirty mouth and Della just loses it around so they’re a pretty explosive together. Hot, hot, HOT! Lol, sometimes, I’ll admit, it was borderline awkward in places to me, but most just plain freaking hot!

And I really have to give a bit of a shout-out to some of the awesome supporting men in this book. First to Tripp, who had better be getting his own damn book cuz that man has SWOON. I want more of him! And then also to Kent, who made my heart melt even though he was only in like two small scenes. Holy heart warming protectiveness!

For those of you wondering about cameos, Blaire does have a brief cameo but neither she nor Rush play a central part in the book. As much as I love their characters though, I didn’t miss them here. I was happy to see the book focused on Woods and Della.

The ending had me flipping pages like crazy. I knew it would all work out but that didn’t stop me from being worried, lol. You know how it is

To soothe your hearts, you should know that there is no relationship cliffhanger! The book ends in a good place relationship-wise. However, this is NOT a stand alone and there will be a sequel out in the fall, so there is a bit of a plot-related cliffy in that something happened at the end to make me want more of the story, but at the same time, it left them in a place where my heart could be happy to wait till the fall. At the end of the book, they are very much together as a couple. So, you will not want to throw your kindle at the wall. It’s all safe!! ♥

See?

“Is she forever for you then? She’s worth throwing it all away?”…

“She’s it. No one else. She’s all I’m ever gonna want.”

I loved the book and totally enjoyed spending my evening wrapped up in this world.

Definitely recommended if you are looking for something quick, hot, swoony, slightly angsty, fast-paced and addictive :)

*******************

TOO FAR & PERFECTION SERIES READING ORDER!!!

I know there's been a bit of confusion over these series' reading orders so hopefully this'll answer your questions:

Ok, so originally, Twisted Perfection was supposed to be the 3rd book in the TOO FAR series. The first two books were Fallen Too Far and Never Too Far. Those two books followed Rush and Blaire's story and then the original third book (Twisted Perfection) was supposed to be Woods', followed next by Grant's.

This all changed when, by popular demand, a third book "Forever Too Far" about Rush and Blaire was added to the TOO FAR series. After this change, Abbi Glines then separated the two series.

Now, the original series is the TOO FAR series, which now has a spin-off series that Twisted Perfection starts called the PERFECTION series. There will be a sequel to Twisted Perfection coming out this fall called Simple Perfection.

I'll list them all here in order so you can see:

TOO FAR SERIES - about Rush and Blaire

♥ #1 Fallen Too Far - out now
♥ #2 Never Too Far - out now
♥ #3 Forever Too Far - to be released late Summer 2013

PERFECTION SERIES (spin-off of TOO FAR) - about Woods and Della

♥ #1 Twisted Perfection --> to be released today
♥ #2 Simple Perfection --> to be released Fall 2013

You do not *have* to read the TOO FAR series to understand Twisted Perfection, but the whole world is the same so I'd recommend it if you can. I loved both Fallen Too Far and Never Too Far, so I'd say it would be good to read them, but not necessary.

Okay, hopefully that helps clear everything up :)

***************************

BLURB --> Life outside of her house was a new experience for Della Sloane. The dark secrets of her past weren’t something she ever intended to share with anyone. They would never understand. No one would ever get close enough to find out. Besides there was always a chance she’d go crazy sooner than they expected…

Woods Kerrington had never been one to be attracted to fragile females. They seemed like too much work. He wasn’t in it for the work just the pleasure. A night full of naughty fun had been exactly what was on his mind when he’d laid eyes on the hot little number that didn’t know how to pump gas and needed some help.

What he didn’t know was she was as fragile as they came.

The carefree girl who spoke her mind and didn’t care what the world thought of her was more breakable than he could ever imagine…

For more of my reviews, visit Aestas Book Blog

And come join the Aestas Book Blog Facebook Page

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twisted Perfection.

February 14, 2013 – Shelved
April 19, 2013 – Started Reading
April 20, 2013 –
0.0% "Starting my ARC any minute now... SQUEEE!! I'll post non-spoilery updates as I go :)"
April 20, 2013 –
3.0% "Finally started and I'm grinning like an idiot. Woods is YUMMY!!!!!! So much swoon!"
April 20, 2013 –
6.0% "Woah - hotness!! "I'm gonna taste this,""
20.0% "Gah noooo!!"
April 20, 2013 –
27.0% "Eeeep!!! The angst!!"
April 20, 2013 –
39.0% " "She wasn't mine and she never would be but that didn't change the way I felt.""
April 20, 2013 –
50.0% "Yes! Finally!!! Woohoo!"
April 20, 2013 –
65.0% "Okay. I'm in freaking love with Tripp. He'd better be getting a damn book! I want more of him!!"
April 20, 2013 –
66.0% ""I'll be whatever she needs me to be. I can't walk away from her, I tried. I'm hooked." #Twisted perfection"
68.0% "Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!!"
April 20, 2013 –
84.0% " "You are mine. Do you hear me? You are mine, Della Sloane. I will take care of you. Nothing is taking you away from me. Nothing.""
88.0% "Aaaarghhhh!! Nooo!"
96.0% "SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
April 20, 2013 –
99.0% "Just finished! Loved it! And it's all safe guys, no cliffhanger. Yes, there's more to the story for sure for book #2, but no relationship cliffy :)"
April 21, 2013 – Shelved as: book-1-of-my-fav-series
April 21, 2013 – Shelved as: favorites
April 21, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 70 (70 new)

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Seriously?!!! Hell yes!!

Amanda Oh my Goodness no freakin wayy. I liked Woods I cant wait

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Page Soooooo excited my most fav author what would we do with out Abbi Glines?

Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~ So excited. Love woods!

Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart YAY AND DOUBLE YAY!!!!

message 6: by Jwezi (new) - added it

Jwezi Egxoited much!!!

Dee McGee I love me some Abbi Glines. She cranks them out almost as fast as I can read them.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Are her books more romance-y than plot-y??

Aestas Book Blog they have both but they are romance books.

message 10: by Sieni (new)

Sieni A.M. i totally judged this book by its cover, clicked on the "want to read" icon before reading the blurb. after the blurb? i'm dying to read it!!!!

Maura Mclaughlin So what do I need to read in order to be up-to-date to read this one? And in what order? Thanks :)

Aestas Book Blog Fallen Too Far
Never Too Far (to be released feb 28)
Twisted perfection (April)

Maura Mclaughlin Thanks so much (: He sounded familiar but I couldn't place him! Have had a mentally exhausting week!

message 14: by Sieni (new)

Sieni A.M. can i just jump ahead and read this one instead of the other 2? or will i be missing out on something?

Aestas Book Blog I wouldn't suggest skipping. The first book was awesome.

message 16: by Aimz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aimz I AM SO EXCITED!!!

message 17: by Sara (new)

Sara Yay! On my birthday too!

Mayra I just finished the first 2, and I'm hooked. I can't wait for this one!!!

MiMee LOVE this cover and I LOVE LOVE Woods soooo excited!

Janet What a great day before my birthday gift! Happy birthday to me! Was so excited to see Woods is getting a book, I was thinking he needed one ;)

message 21: by J.M. (new) - rated it 3 stars

J.M. Yeah that's two books released on my birthday love the fact there releasing some really good books in April now ;0)

Sucheta so much excited ...

Jessica Victoria CAN NOT WAIT!

Amalyn Wow.. wasn’t a Woods fan in Never too Far but with one little teaser he’s changed that! Can’t wait! :)

Ally  Cakes Eff Yeah!!!!!

Marybel Awwww Woods.... Can't wait

Kelly I just finished Fallen to Far and at the end I thought Woods totally deserved a book because even though I didn't think I would like him in the beginning I adored him by the end!! Thanks for the recommendations!

MandaLee Yay!!

Linda Ohmigod. Looking forward to your review Aestas!

Kissa Mil Xu Can't wait to know more about Woods!

Audrey LUCKY. :|

message 32: by Mian (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mian hi, 'bout the ending of this book, with a cliffhanger or HEA? thank U

Aestas Book Blog I will let you guys know tomorrow when I read it :)

Alexis *Reality Bites* So Jelly! I'll be looking for your review, I hope there will be no cliffhanger...
Enjoy Aestas!!:D

Nikki So jealous!! I need this book. I loved Woods!

MzzBookworm OMG u were glued to the book? Cuz u read it super fast.... i wish i can glued myself like that...i will def.gonna read it next week

Aestas Book Blog Lol yup I just finished! Read it in one sitting :)

MzzBookworm omggg i wish i can do that =( between work n things to do a home ughh i cant but at i least take a few hrs to read n go away in journey of a gd book like this one

message 39: by Missy (new) - added it

Missy Johnson sounds like a good read :)

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

I am SOOOO READY to read this book!

message 41: by Dianne (new)

Dianne Santiago I've never read something from Abbi Glines before. She has many books.. Should I read this one first? :)

Christine I wasn't going to read this, but reading the quotes, now I'm going to

Aestas Book Blog Dianne wrote: "I've never read something from Abbi Glines before. She has many books.. Should I read this one first? :)"

I'd probably recommend starting with Fallen Too Far and Never Too Far first :)

Linda Starting this one tomorrow!

Laura Thanks for the clarifying Aesta!I was wondering why Woods' story was part of the Perfection series.Now I know:)

message 46: by Dianne (new)

Dianne Santiago Aestas Book Blog wrote: "Dianne wrote: "I've never read something from Abbi Glines before. She has many books.. Should I read this one first? :)"

I'd probably recommend starting with Fallen Too Far and Never Too Far first :)"

okay. thanks so much. I'll read them.. :)

MissIngrid Z will Grant's story still be written?

Aestas Book Blog Miss wrote: "will Grant's story still be written?"

Yes, just as a separate 2-book series

Auhmanduh I really did love this book. And I cannot wait to read Grants story!

Crystal Wheeler leighty Thank you!! I was a little confused!!!

« previous 1