Lyanna's Reviews > City Under the Moon

City Under the Moon by Hugh Sterbakov

bookshelves: goodreads-first-reads

I received this as part of Goodread's "First Reads" program.

I loved this book. "Loved" meaning "Please tell me there is a sequel...please?". This book was a thriller roller-coaster ride with medical and military jargon spiced with Geek-speak. The characters were interesting, decently realistic and easily sympathized with throughout the book. I would recommend this to those that love thrillers (even if there is no love for the occult), werewolf fanatics, and anyone else that is not afraid of a bit of suspense or violence. It is a fresh view on a genre that is starting to feel a bit stale. I highly recommend this book. If I had gotten this from the library I would have had to gone out and purchased it, just so I could read it again. And the fact the the author did wrote for "Robot Chicken" just made the whole thing cooler in my book. I would be very interested to read the further adventures of Brianna Tildascow.

****Spoiler Alert***

The only real critique I have on the story is the ending. The fact that the main characters all end up with the typical American ending did disappoint me. I know most people want the happy ending where everyone rides off into the sunset together, but I do like it when an author surprises me by not going with the stereotypical ending of "they lived happily ever after". But perhaps I am being a bit cynical. Still it is a very good story.

In compliance with FTC guidelines, I am disclosing that I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City Under the Moon.

February 14, 2013 – Shelved
February 14, 2013 – Shelved as: goodreads-first-reads
Started Reading
February 28, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Beth Ann (new)

Beth Ann Can I borrow it sometime? :)

Lyanna Of course!