Nic Brisbourne's Reviews > Culture Shock: A Business Handbook for Radical Change

Culture Shock by Will McInnes

Culture Shock is an entertaining and thought provoking read and I recommend it to anyone interested in how the trends towards greater open-ness and authenticity will impact how businesses are run and managed. Will McInnes believes passionately that they are causing a revolution in the work place that will ultimately result in a more engaged and productive work force and a fairer distribution of wealth.

Will argues that we should be building businesses with purpose and meaning, organisational open-ness, empowered workforces, progressive and conscious leadership. Generation-Y workers will accept nothing less and I think that consumers will increasingly choose to shop from companies with these characteristics (they already are). The book combines theoretical arguments for why these changes are coming with a number of practical tips for managers and employees who want to make their businesses more progressive.

I stopped short of awarding a five star rating because at some points the book is too polemic. Will has not only seen the future, but he desperately wants it to come about as quickly as possible and his writing appears motivated by a desire for social justice as well as a desire to accurately predict how we will be managing our businesses in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Culture Shock.

February 14, 2013 – Started Reading