Shervin Maddah's Reviews > God Hates Us All

God Hates Us All by Hank Moody

Seeing as how many people have covered the story of the book, I do not see a reason as to why I should write a review. Instead I have decided to clear the issue/concern regarding this book and its relation to the Showtime hit series Californication

I personally did not know this book existed until a few months back, I knew the story behind the books from the show Castle, but did not know that the same was true of this show... However there IS a difference between the two which I won't get into here.

One thing to keep in mind is that this book is not only a work of fiction, it is also written by a fictional character based on a fictional life and fictional events of another fictional story... So to say that this book is a work of fiction is an understatement.

For those who follow the show Californication this book will be interesting because it will further expand our knowledge of the book that is almost the center piece of season 1 and is referred to constantly throughout the show and further explores Hanks past in NY.

For those who do NOT watch the show, it's simply a good story, told in a very appealing narration. After reading the book, it is really easy to understand why the title is God Hates Us All.

Lastly, the character pictures at the back of the book are all characters from the show Californication.

I hope this clarifies the purpose of the book, and clears any confusion regarding this book and/or its author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read God Hates Us All.

Started Reading