Peter Wright's Reviews > Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal

Lamb by Christopher Moore

2052709
Apr 21, 2009

This was the book that started it all - being my love for Christopher Moore's writing. I saw it on the shelf at the library and was taken in immediately just from the title. They say don't judge a book by its cover, but with a Moore book, you can't help but do that. Usually that's because he comes up with a title that forces you to read the book. He's just brilliant that way.

As for the story, it's a lot of fun. Moore had to have done his homework and research because it shows in the story. Jesus comes to his philosophy and ministry by first encountering the religions of the world and piecing them together. Meanwhile, tag-along Biff tells the story in the usual Moore style of quick, biting wit that literally has you laughing out loud. I'm not just using that cliche lightly - you literally shouldn't read this in public, lest people think you're an escapee from the local funny farm.

This book meant a lot to me, so much that I bought the later Bible-like bound edition signed by the author simply because - well....dammit, I wanted it, okay? Don't judge me!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lamb.